Wiring plug pins

Nedzcc32

Reaction score
Hi all, just got my new 2012 20 slm, bought it over the winter from last years stock at my dealer. I was under the helm and saw the extra accessory plugs there. Is there somewhere I can get the pins that go in the plug to wire accessory lighting into the plug that is already there?

One end of the plug is wired to the switch, the other end has 3 rubber stoppers in it. I want to remove the rubber stoppers, attach pins to the wiring for my lighting then just plug it back in.

Thanks for your time,

Greg

I'd check with your dealer first, they may be able to order, or have on hand, the plug you need.

Try Radio Shack.

McMaster-Carr has them, among others. You just have to figure out which ones you need. It will consist of the plastic body and the pins that will mate with your plug. Sometimes helps to have a dial or digital caliper to take measurements to compare with info in the catalog. Steve

Too bad you didn't live closer, I have an assortment of pins (from the car business) and all the funny (special) crimping tools.

Did anyone ever figure out what size the plugs mate with the existing 'customer use plug' and whether some place like radio shack carries them? And what they are actually called by chance? I'm installing a fixed mount VHF in my new boat and need to connect into it. Thanks! 

Does the lack of info on this subject around here mean it's just easiest to cut the customer use plug off and splice into the wires directly?

It's this plug I'm trying to connect to. I feel like I'm missing something really easy but I can't find anything about how to connect to it.

IMG_0205.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up chopping the plug, but for some reason the radio wasn't working when I hooked it up to it. I tested it with a multimeter and all looked good, but the radio either wouldn't power up or it would just make a steady clicking noise. I spliced it into the same power that feeds the fish finder, stereo, etc. and it works like a charm so I'm happy. I'll post up some pics of my radio/8' antenna install later. 

Back