Wiring question

Lweekly

Reaction score
Hi, everybody. I have a 2013 22SFX. In the aft port corner, there is a snap cover over some heavy wiring. They are labelled battery 1 and battery 2, obviously referring to the battery switch. What I'm trying to figure out is the purpose of the access there.

Hi, everybody. I have a 2013 22SFX. In the aft port corner, there is a snap cover over some heavy wiring. They are labelled battery 1 and battery 2, obviously referring to the battery switch. What I'm trying to figure out is the purpose of the access there.
Based on your pictures, it looks like an “easy access” spot to connect to a battery charger. Reminds me of how some cars “hide” their actual batteries and then have a charging post/spot somewhere under the hood in a more “traditional” location. It looks like the positive connector and ground location.

However, I’d want to get that verified by dealership or Bennington before I EVER used it. Just saying that it looks exactly like the equivalent in a car. By chance, where are your actual batteries? Are they buried away in a harder to access location, or an area that would not be convenient if trying to charge a battery dockside? If so, I think my educated guess might be it.

Thanks for the follow up. I talked to Bennington customer support and was told that it is an access point. He said on my model it’s not really used.
My batteries are in the porta-potty enclosure, so they have easy access.

It's also possible that the length of battery cable coming from the outboard is not long enough to reach the battery compartment, so this is a midpoint terminal block.

Back