04 Bennington 2275RFS Gas Tank Readout

Wheelruts

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Bennington Super Sport 2275 RFS. Gas Gauge reads FULL when key is turned on. I replaced the sender in the tank but no change to the reading. Gauge needle moves freely.....EMPTY when key off, then jumps to FULL when key is turned on. Any ideas. Do I change the gauge next ? Wheelruts

The sending unit wire that goes to the guage is grounding on something Take the wire off of the sending unit and see what happens. Also check the back of the guage..

Yup, what Carl said, BUT, first make sure float on NEW sending unit is not stuck in FULL position, seen that happen before.............

Best way to check is unplug the fuel gauge wire at the sending unit with the key turned to the run position, watch the fuel gauge for a change. If the fuel gauge goes to empty the problem is in the sending unit. If the fuel gauge stays on full the problem is somewhere between sending unit wire and the dash. Like stated above you are looking for a grounded out circuit.

Good Luck

RiverBill

One reason I love my Sun Deck Privacy Room fuel tank, I open the side door and see how much is there !!!!

One reason I love my Sun Deck Privacy Room fuel tank, I open the side door and see how much is there !!!!
That was always handy on our GLi, never worried about vent tube blocking either since it was a big 3" hole!! Easy to know when to stop also!

Back