1st Time Buyer

Justcynn

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to the other thread, I tried to edit and its gone - but thanks to all for the advice on our first Bennington!

Put down a deposit on a dealer ordered boat yeterday:
21 SLX Tritoon, 150 Yamaha, SPS Package, upgraded speakers, a few other minor add ons.
Black with Silver Sintex interior
This wasn't our favorite boat, we like the layout of the 22 SSRX better, but the price point diff/added benefits wasn't justifiable for us so went with the 21. Delivery hopefully at end of June (same timing as condo)

Thanks again, excited to see life on the water is all about!

Great choice, enjoy the lake.

Congrats. That boat will perform very nicely with the 150!

Your going to have a great Summer.

That motor/tritoon set up will perform really well, and it will really push that 21 SLX nicely. I think you are in for a really great summer on it. Also, if you do decide to upgrade it down the road, a tritoon with a 150HP holds its value really great, particulary when well cared for. You cannot go wrong with what you got.

Have fun!!! Pictures when you get it!?! :)

The SLX with the SPS and a 150 is a real hot rod. See my signature below for my numbers.

alright called an audible today - understandably - the Dealer wouldn't take a deposit pre memorial day to hold the boat we REALLY wanted but took another shot at it today and glad we did - made a deal for a 21 SSXBP Blacked Out Swingback with a Yamaha 150. This was one of two Benningtons this dealer had left in the larger motor sizes. Hopefully on the water by end of the month (working on closing condo first). thanks again for all the help.

We would have been perfectly happy with the 21 SLX MOST of the time and at the time I was happier with the price, but the seating arrangement wasn't ideal for our large family when you add guests and a good friend said by the boat you want the first time (as some of you did). This 21 SSXBP has plenty of room. Adding the Keeper Rail to add space for seating while boat in motion. Crazy how fast boats are selling but honestly - not sure we would change much even if we ordered this one so very happy with the choice.

Attachments

• Bennington Boat.jpg
    Bennington Boat.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
You will love the boat and the Yamaha 150 will provide more than enough power. Beautiful boat!

Congratulations! She's a beauty...

Awesome looking boat! I have a swing back as well. You will really like that configuration, and with a 150 you should hit low 40s with a light load.

Congratulations! Beautiful looking boat. We love our SSBXP. It is a great layout, and you’ll be satisfied with the performance of that 150HP on the 21’ version of the boat. Glad it all came together.

Congrats on the new boat! Looks nice!

Back