1st time out with Grandkids over the 4th

Mike31406

Reaction score
All three of our children, who live out of state, stayed with us over the 4th of July holiday.  That includes 7 grandkids from age 2 to age 11 with one on the way.  Our house went from 2 to 14 almost overnight.  I was a little concerned with taking all out on the Bennie.  After figuring out all applicable weights, or so I thought, we all boarded and off we went.  The boat obviously does not respond the same with that amount of people on board, but did well.  The next outing included tubing and all went great, much better than I expected.  No one asked to go faster, and the older ones got outside the wake on turns with the trim full down.  It wasn't until that evening when we were talking about how good a time that everyone had did I realize that although I calculated fuel, anchors, food, life jackets, ice chest etc. I had, and I hesitate to tell on myself, neglected to add the weight of the engine. That meant we were probably 400 lbs overweight.  Even with this gross miscalculation the boat handled great.  I'm so glad we went 150 and sps.

That's what it's all about Mike!!! Cherish these moments......

I took my nephew and family, wife & three little ones, out over the weekend and had a great time, mostly swam.  Did a little cruisin and Uncle Matt let the kiddies help drive, lots of smiles with that.  Last year my brothers (2) came up from Fla., the three of us are 700+ lbs. combined, my wife and daughter, one sister in law, an adult niece, plus our dog, fuel, gear, food and oh yeah... the motor.  Still hit mid thirties and was whipping my niece off the tube, shes 25.  Rolled up to her once to pick her up, she looked up at me and says your f 'n crazy.  I say, you ready to go again, she was, must run in the family.  SPS and... I wish I had more than 150.  This weekend is looking great, upper 70's and dry.  Thanks for your service Mike.  

Back