2 quick questions

Trovatore

Reaction score
Got a new Benny a couple months ago - 22 SSRX. Just got 2 questions I'd like to pose to the forum.

- couple of days ago I got the registration card, along with the number that I need to apply to both sides of the hull. Wanting to have it done well, I was looking into having the stickers made up on appropriate non-stick paper, so it would look like it was done professionally. I called West Marine, and they don't offer that service. What kind of 'store' would you recommend I call? A craft store, perhaps, or other?

- There was nothing in the manual re: the bilge switch, so I defaulted to setting it to 'Auto' while on the boat. Sound right? Not having any issues, but that doesn't mean anything, necessarily.

Thanks so much, everyone~

Got a new Benny a couple months ago - 22 SSRX. Just got 2 questions I'd like to pose to the forum.

- couple of days ago I got the registration card, along with the number that I need to apply to both sides of the hull. Wanting to have it done well, I was looking into having the stickers made up on appropriate non-stick paper, so it would look like it was done professionally. I called West Marine, and they don't offer that service. What kind of 'store' would you recommend I call? A craft store, perhaps, or other?

- There was nothing in the manual re: the bilge switch, so I defaulted to setting it to 'Auto' while on the boat. Sound right? Not having any issues, but that doesn't mean anything, necessarily.

Congrats on your boat!Domed numbers makes a nice professional looking font for your boat -there is a link on the board for them.

I had Domed Numbers on boats 2 and 3, my in laws have an embroidery and promotion business so have a vinyl cutter, used that for the first one. Batman font!! Haha as for the bilge, does your boat stay in the water / lift?

0ECC8AE2-8079-44C9-8BEE-0F6C9800D875.jpeg Bilge is fine on auto, if you are on choppy water and annoyed by it kicking on and off you can go to manual. I installed dome numbers from the same website last week. Very easy to apply, dialed up a you tube video before I started just to be sure I did it right the first time

I was told by the dealer to leave the bilge pump in auto but when it’s in auto the switch stays lit up. If I’m not going to use the boat for a while do I have to worry about draining the battery?
Sorry, not trying to highjack your thread.

Renegade, dealer told me to switch off the battery whenever I left the boat for overnight or longer, so no chance of running down the battery.

Thanks for all the answers! Guess I'll look at getting the domed numbers :)

As told to me by my dealer on my first Benny, even with the battery switch off, if enough water gets into the bilge to raise the float switch, it will pump it out. If that's true that makes the auto position obsolete. You could probably test that by lifting the float switch if you can get to it. If you can't get to it there's always a garden hose!

View attachment 22637

- There was nothing in the manual re: the bilge switch, so I defaulted to setting it to 'Auto' while on the boat. Sound right? Not having any issues, but that doesn't mean anything

re: bilge If i kept mine in the water I'd leave it on auto. I don't keep mine in the water and it seems the only time I get water in the center toon is after a lot of rain. I leave my bilge off and when I'm going to go out after we've had rain I open the center door to hear it and run it until it's empty.

Sorry its been awhile in replying - thanks for your replies on both questions, and wanted to let you know I did order the domed numbers, Bennington font, and applied them yesterday. They look great! Thanks again!

Back