20 Hour service already

jrochin

Reaction score
So the dealer was shocked when I told them I need to schedule my 20 hour service already... We took delivery less than a month ago :)   Did the break in the first day on the water, been using it as much as possible while the lake is still pretty wide open.  Once memorial weekend comes it will be a mad house.

There is nothing better than being on the boat 

First year I did over 100 hours 

Enjoy making memories 

94687663.jpg

I have difficulty sitting on our private lake so I find myself motoring around when on the boat 

Maybe if on one of The Great Lakes I could sit and float or just anchor , but I love moving on the lake enjoying every second :)

Yep I got my initial 20 hour done pretty quick considering it was during the winter months.  All serviced up and ready for the summer.  It's already a hundred out here in AZ.  103 tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping to join that club real quickly. We pick her up next weekend but then won't see her again until June. :(

We are beginning our 4th year. I think we are over 250 hours on motor. Probably 4 times that "boat time" . 

Start of the third season with our 150 and we currently have 260 hours on the motor.  We hope to get over 1000 hours out of it......otherwise in 6 years we will be due for a new one (boat - motor - or both)

We got our Benni on Septemer 25, and now have 76 hours of "motor" time and a bunch of hours fishing or floating. As for hours on Yammi outboards, there is a 24 hour water taxi in Boston Harbor with 8k something hours on both of its dual F150s.

Start of the third season with our 150 and we currently have 260 hours on the motor.  We hope to get over 1000 hours out of it......otherwise in 6 years we will be due for a new one (boat - motor - or both)

I would bet with good maintenance practices it will. 

Have to say I would be disappointed if I dont get 1,000 hours with Yamaha 

Time will tell , but I will not restrict the use, life is toooo short 

I bought Benny to enjoy not to watch him sit at the dock (lol) 

If I was in the south those hours would be averaging 200 / year with no problem

108672187.jpg

The worse thing I have found online for any 4 stroke engine is to run the motor at high rpm's for extended periods of time. This is said to lower the lifespan of the motor.

Otherwise many feel 2500 hours of motor life without a major rebuild or repair is obtainable. Time will tell :)  

130125794.jpg

My choice as well Pittsburgh

Nice looking boat. But what treatment was used on the pontoons? I can see they polished the nose cones,but how about the rest.Wondering if that's a factory option or standard treatment on that series.

Nice looking boat. But what treatment was used on the pontoons? I can see they polished the nose cones,but how about the rest.Wondering if that's a factory option or standard treatment on that series.

I think that treatment is called "photoshop".  :p

Back