2001 2575FS/Yamaha F100-update

jmoreland

Reaction score
I just bought a new to me 2001 2575 FS with a Yamaha F100 four stroke. I had to get some motor work done but it runs great now. I am trying to figure out a prop though. Right now it has a Yamaha aluminum 13 1/4 x 17, and with 5 on board I can run 22 mph on GPS but only turning 5200 rpms. Any suggestions on what I should try to get a few more rpms out of the motor? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, and I think a 13p would do it. You have a big boat and a not so big motor. Do you know if it has lifting strakes? Pictures would be great.

It doesn't have lifting strakes. It does have the full aluminum sheeting underneath front to back. 

How many tubes?

2 tubes. Was actually surprised it hit 22 with it being so big. Motor is very strong and gets to speed quick, just not turning enough rpms. 

15 or 13 pitch. Don't buy, borrow first, if you can. We have a couple prop repair shops that will do this. Ask around.

I found an aluminum 15 pitch to try the next few days. Still like to try a 13 if I can find one

I plan on trying the 15 pitch tomorrow to see how it performs. I talked with prop gods and they highly recommended a powertech wbx3 in a 14x11. 

Tried the 15 yesterday and could only get to 5300 rpms and dropped to 21 mph. Any more suggestions?

13p or 11p.

13P 4 blade. I like mine.

I've got the 2015 F90 Yamaha. Top RPM with the 15P 3 blade was around 5200 RPM. I put the 13P 4 blade, and got my RPM up where they belong (around 5900-6000) and speed stayed around the same... 27 - 28MPH. You do have a longer vessel than I as mine is a 20' with the two logs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, looks like ill be trying a 13 pretty soon. Spoiledrotten, Did I see where you took a trip to Douglas lake pretty recently? We boat on Norris lake, about an hour away.

Yes, jmoreland, we were at Douglas. Simply beautiful! I almost went to Norris Lake rather than Douglas, but we didn't. Really enjoyed the trip. We're thinking about retiring in that area when the time comes in several years. We love the mountains and we love the lakes. 

I ended up getting a Solas Amita 3 in 13.75 x 13 pitch. I put it on last night and hope I can try it this weekend. It looks so much different than the factory Yamaha prop 

Ran the Solas yesterday and really liked it. Way more torquey on holeshot and just seemed to carry the boat well. With 9 on board, I could still turn 5600 rpms @20 mph. With just me and the wife I hit 23@5900 rpms. 

Sounds like you are all dialed in now!

Back