2010 2250 GCW with Yamaha F150 - What prop are you running?

ColtJ82

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2010, 2250 GCW with a F150 on it. Looking to re-prop and curious what prop (prefer stainless) and hole mount position you are running>

Thank you!

What prop are you running now? Also, what hull do you have? What's your current top speed/RPM's?

What prop are you running now? Also, what hull do you have? What's your current top speed/RPM's?

Tritoon. About 32mph at 5800-5900 WOT. Can get 33/34 on glass with only me and half tank. Can get to 6000 rpm trimmed way up. Boat is in storage, but I believe I have a 14.25 x 17 3 blade (Alum) on it now.

Turning point makes a good prop. I had one on my previous boat which was a 2375 gcw arch.

Tritoon. About 32mph at 5800-5900 WOT. Can get 33/34 on glass with only me and half tank. Can get to 6000 rpm trimmed way up. Boat is in storage, but I believe I have a 14.25 x 17 3 blade (Alum) on it now.
You are right where you want to be for RPM’s but only because you have a huge amount of prop slip, calcs at 31%. For comparison, I’m running a 14.5x14 Reliance SDS on our 2375 GCW ESP w/Sea Legs and am able to get 33.5mph at 5900RPM which is 14% slip (just me, glass, Bimini stowed). I would assume our boat is quite a bit heavier than yours so you definitely should be able to swing a higher pitch. A 15 pitch Enertia or Reliance is likely your best bet. The Enertia is larger in diameter and more aggressively cupped than the Reliance at the same pitch so it will be tougher to turn. In my experience, 300 to 400 rpms less than the Reliance.

Last edited:
You are right where you want to be for RPM’s but only because you have a huge amount of prop slip, calcs at 31%. For comparison, I’m running a 14.5x14 Reliance SDS on our 2375 GCW ESP w/Sea Legs and am able to get 33.5mph at 5900RPM which is 14% slip (just me, glass, Bimini stowed). I would assume our boat is quite a bit heavier than yours so you definitely should be able to swing a higher pitch. A 15 pitch Enertia or Reliance is likely your best bet. The Enertia is larger in diameter and more aggressively cupped than the Reliance at the same pitch so it will be tougher to turn. In my experience, 300 to 400 rpms less than the Reliance.

Thank you so much for this. I'm sorry for the delay in response. Didn't get emailed the notifications.

I'm having a hard time finding a clear stamp to identify the prop info. From what I can tell, 14.5" diameter and 13 pitch (13 is stamped in 2 places). My boat was originally owned by a police department and I think it was setup to tow. I will try a 14.5 x 15.

I was trying to decide between the Reliance and the Turbo. Do you think the Enertia is a better option than the Turbo?

I go Enertia before Turbo, BUT with you having that Yamaha I think I’d lean Reliance based on other Yamaha owners on here that love that combo. If you had a Mercury, I’d for sure recommend that Enertia. We have it on our Mercury, and it runs great.

I go Enertia before Turbo, BUT with you having that Yamaha I think I’d lean Reliance based on other Yamaha owners on here that love that combo. If you had a Mercury, I’d for sure recommend that Enertia. We have it on our Mercury, and it runs great.

Thank you again! 'Tis the route I shall go.

If you’re running a 13 pitch and not a 17 pitch, then you’re about right on for setup with the prop you have. If you’re getting 33mph at 5800rpm on a 13 pitch, that calcs at 8% prop slip which is excellent. The Reliance is made for the Yamaha F150 but I don’t know that you’d do any better than 8%. I’m guessing you might pull a few mph’s out of it with a 14 or 15 pitch but you don’t want to lug the motor either. You want your lightly loaded WOT rpm’s as close to the top end of the range (6000rpm) as possible so you’re still in the range heavily loaded. It’s a fine line.....

Mine has the 15 pitch Reliance prop and the engine is setup one notch up from flat on the transom. I'm seeing 6000 rpms and 40 mph GPS--perfect. When trimmed up to about 3/4 on the trim gauge, there's a tiny bit of prop ventilation from a dead start--just like I like. And the nose lifts high at anything more than 4000 rpms--with a blanket of air underneath the boat.

Back