2011 20SLi

Looneymoose

Reaction score
I was out last evening and had the opportunity to use my docking lights and running lights. All worked perfectly.

I then noticed that I had no gauge lights. I fooled around with all the dashboard switches in hopes of finding a way to turn them on. No luck!

I can not imagine a 2011 Bennington without gauges that do not illuminate. I find this odd to a point that I must be doing something wrong or they just simply are not working.

Is a 2011 20SLi equiped with illiminated dashboard lights?

Assuming they EVER worked and that you do have the correct switches on, the most likely causes are:

Loose wire that fell off a contact behind the dashboard.

Bad bulbs or LED.

Fuse/Circuit Breaker.

At the risk of sounding lame, try these steps:

a) Read the owners manual to make sure it's not something you are doing wrong or not doing right.

B) There should be a troubleshooting section in the back. Give it a whirl.

c) Take a look behind the console with a flashlight and see if there appear to be any inexplicably loose wires near an equally inexplicably nekid terminal.

If those three things fail, go see the guys at the marina and ask them if they can take a quick look at it. It's a 2011, so if it's just a factory defect or something, they can hook you up pretty quickly.

Assuming they EVER worked and that you do have the correct switches on, the most likely causes are:

Loose wire that fell off a contact behind the dashboard.

Bad bulbs or LED.

Fuse/Circuit Breaker.

At the risk of sounding lame, try these steps:

a) Read the owners manual to make sure it's not something you are doing wrong or not doing right.

B) There should be a troubleshooting section in the back. Give it a whirl.

c) Take a look behind the console with a flashlight and see if there appear to be any inexplicably loose wires near an equally inexplicably nekid terminal.

If those three things fail, go see the guys at the marina and ask them if they can take a quick look at it. It's a 2011, so if it's just a factory defect or something, they can hook you up pretty quickly.
ericscher Thank you for you quick reply. I will check out your suggestion and look at the manual when I get up to my cabin this weekend.

Basicly, I am also asking yes or no does the 20 SLi have gauge illumination? If it does I will get right on it. Is there a switch I am missing? And how do they come on? I talked to a friend of mine today who purchased a 2011 Premier. He claims when the ignition is on the gauge lights are on.

ericscher Thank you for you quick reply. I will check out your suggestion and look at the manual when I get up to my cabin this weekend.

Basicly, I am also asking yes or no does the 20 SLi have gauge illumination? If it does I will get right on it. Is there a switch I am missing? And how do they come on? I talked to a friend of mine today who purchased a 2011 Premier. He claims when the ignition is on the gauge lights are on.
I have a 2011 20sli and the gauges are illuminated. I think they go on when you turn on the nav lights but I would have to double check that.

Far as I know...

EVERY Benny has gauge illumination.

I have a 2011 20sli and the gauges are illuminated. I think they go on when you turn on the nav lights but I would have to double check that.
Thank You, that was the answer I was looking for. When I turn on the Nav lights switch up the red & green running lights and the white light on the bimini come on. When I push the switch down just the white light on the bimini come on. No gauge lights come on reguardless of what I do. So it looks like I have another warrenty issue to deal with in the fall. My dealer is going to pick it up because my pontoon was delivered with a dent in a side panel.

Again, Thank You for taking the time to answer.

Thank You, that was the answer I was looking for. When I turn on the Nav lights switch up the red & green running lights and the white light on the bimini come on. When I push the switch down just the white light on the bimini come on. No gauge lights come on reguardless of what I do. So it looks like I have another warrenty issue to deal with in the fall. My dealer is going to pick it up because my pontoon was delivered with a dent in a side panel.

Again, Thank You for taking the time to answer.
Glad I could help.

Glad I could help.

[/quote

Gauge lights worked all the time. But are very hard to see and not very bright at all. I seen an illumination around the gauges when I looked at them from the side. I was out about 45 minutes after sunset and seen a glow from the side. Silly me, I was looking at my gauges head on. What was I thinking?

Back