2013 20SL ACC Power Failure

FAAbaddog

Reaction score
we took our 20SL out to watch the Blue Angels Pensacola Beach show a few weeks ago into the Santa Rosa Sound in front of Flounders, after backing off the ramp I immediately noticed that the fish finder would not power up...nor the horn, the radio, lights - none of the ACCs had any power...the 70HP Yamaha and tilt worked as advertised...is there something simple (fuse/fusible link/breaker) that fixes this, or am I going to the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

blues 2017.jpg

We just got back from PCB. It was our first time to take our boat to the Gulf. We loved it. 

Check at the battery.

Did you flip the "main power" switch?  Mines on the far right of the dash.

we took our 20SL out to watch the Blue Angels Pensacola Beach show a few weeks ago into the Santa Rosa Sound in front of Flounders, after backing off the ramp I immediately noticed that the fish finder would not power up...nor the horn, the radio, lights - none of the ACCs had any power...the 70HP Yamaha and tilt worked as advertised...is there something simple (fuse/fusible link/breaker) that fixes this, or am I going to the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1775

Pretty cool pic! 

Lived on Andrews AFB in Maryland right outside DC. Couldn't help but see the Blue Angels, the Thunderbirds, Presidential aircraft and every military plane flying over our houses year after year. Never saw them by boat though!

I will try the main power switch and check both batteries this weekend, thanks for the feedback.

If the ACCs still remain off, then I am taking to the dealer for repair.

Do you have just the single battery or the dual battery setup? Just wondering if you have the distribution panel by your main battery, if you do, I believe there's also a fuse there for the output to the dash. If not, I'm willing to bet it's just that switch on the dash not on, or the connection loose under the dash, only thing I can think of that makes sense. Good luck! 

If fuses, breakers and switches all seem correct, the next thing typically is to take a voltmeter and start tracing back from the bad switch to the battery.  When you hit voltage, the problem is between there and the last place you checked that didn't.  Your dealer will charge you $100/hour to do this.  Hopefully it takes them 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back