2013 Bennington 22 foot - need to replace the changing room lid and canvas

killdere28

Reaction score
Hi all.
The changing room has hinges that allow it open and close (along with hydraulic arms). The screws in the hinges fell out and looks they are rusted. The holes in the lid component are rusted out. How can I get a new frame for the lid or a complete replacement changing room. I cannot find any videos on how do the this repair. Also, currently my battery sits in the bottom of this changing room. Is this the normal place for the battery?
Thanks ahead of time for your consideration.
Chris

Check with your Bennington dealer. That boat is probably near end of warranty but it doesn’t hurt to check. And there should not be any rust on those screws. Bennington does NOT use cheap steel. Good Luck

Last edited:
Well out of warranty. The 2013’s had either a 5 or 7 year warranty (I forget when it went from 5 to 7 years prior to the 2017 warranty change up.

The 10 year warranty didn’t begin until the 2017 model year, and even then it was 7 years, and you could get an additional 3 by joining this forum.

Mine did the same and it’s a 2016. Had it replaced several years ago while still under warranty. I have a dual battery set up and power pole hydraulics inside the changing area. So yes that is normal to have the battery there. Good luck with replacement.

Well out of warranty. The 2013’s had either a 5 or 7 year warranty (I forget when it went from 5 to 7 years prior to the 2017 warranty change up.

The 10 year warranty didn’t begin until the 2017 model year, and even then it was 7 years, and you could get an additional 3 by joining this forum.
You get additional warranties for joining this forum? Sorry, not meaning to hijack this thread, but had no idea. Where is more information Mr. Viking?

You get additional warranties for joining this forum? Sorry, not meaning to hijack this thread, but had no idea. Where is more information Mr. Viking?
That was the requirement on a 5 year warranty to extended to 7 .

You used to. Then they just made that additional warranty time standard. In 2017 when I bought my Bennington, the standard warranty was 7 years, extended 3 additional years if you joined this forum. Then in 2018 they simply made it a standard 10 year warranty at purchase.

…Also, currently my battery sits in the bottom of this changing room. Is this the normal place for the battery…
I ask the same thing when I got my 2021 SXL model and the battery was mounted in the middle of the changing room floor. This seemed strange when I could see that the molded rear seat support had accommodation for the battery. This accommodation did not place the battery in the seat but made it assessable from the changing room without taking up any open floor space. Turns out that the battery was mounted by the dealer when the motor was rigged on my new boat. Right after taking delivery I remounted the battery.

Back