2014 22 SFX Console Seat, Radio, & Privacy Enclosure Questions

tyjy

Reaction score
Hi, totally new here, posting first question! Wish me luck I don't sound tooooo ignorant!

We are in the process of narrowing down on a new purchase on our first pontoon boat to a 22 SFX. We've had conflicting answers regarding the SFX package and the console. We decided we DO wish to have a seat there that is hinged and opens to storage vs. a live well. We were told that we would list the Console Seat Cushion Pack #900369 @ $222 to do this (vs. the Console Seat Live Well #900582 @ $236).

All was well until I read another post on here of someone building a set up where they listed BOTH the cushion pack & the live well items. Am I misunderstanding something? ie: do you think the "cushion pack" is merely for a backrest and seat "cushion" only and NOT the hinged/storage space?

My second clarification I hope you can help with is: do you know if the standard radio that comes with a 22SFX has the detachable faceplate? I thought we'd have to upgrade to the most expensive radio since the detachable part is in that description. The dealer said ALL the radios have detachable faceplates.

Lastly, we are under the understanding that the Privacy Enclosure w/Frame & Curtain #900583 is probably all we'd want and we'd use it for storage and a porta potty. Is that what most folks get (vs. the chaise option)?

Thank you SO MUCH for any assistance!

Congrats!

I can only help with the radio question.  Our 2012 model S had a detachable face, and we did NOT get a stereo upgrade.  I know, 2012 doesn't help you much, but just saying if they did that way back then...

I'm pretty sure our 2013 with the base radio was detachable as well. We upgraded on the 2014 to the m6. But we never planned on detaching anyway.

Livewell topic is a sore subject for me. Not sure on the cushion portion.

tyjy welcome to the site. We have a 20'slx 2014 and our face plate removes on standard sony radio as for the privacy enclose we love it for storage but mainly for our porta party and never leave home without it. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the input. That's good about the radio. We will be docking at a marina that's not necessarily supervised 100% of the time & HOPE it's safe from thefts but ya never know so thought we'd take the faceplate with us each time in case that's an easy target. Of course we'll put the mooring cover on but maybe that doesn't stop people who are intent unfortunately.

We never use a live well but there'll be two spots automatically so we sure don't want another one in front of the console. We do want a little extra seating though, and storage, so hoping the cushion pkg has hinges to open the seat for storage.

We have picked the "Privacy Enclosure with Frame & Curtain" vs. the "Privacy Chaise". theduke: Is that what you guys have?

Thanks again!

tyjy.....Yes that is what we have We boat on the intercoastal and the gulf and there are no facilities when you need them in a hurry but even then it is assuring that it is there anytime you need it.We have the porta potty,extra vests,3 gallons of water to rinse off fishing poles or any other reasons and a spare prop and battery in that area.

Thank you : )

Back