2014 2275 RCW and HP with 32" twin eliptical toons

mtudb24

Reaction score
I know that Bennington had a 22275 RCW last year at the owners club event with a 200hp motor.  Up til now, 150 was the max with the 32" elipitcal toons.

Noticed on the 2014 build sheet, the 2275 has 2 headings with the twin 32"  eliptical toon package .  150hp with 13 person carrying capacity and 200hp with 11 person carrying capacity.

Has Bennington done anything structurally to this boat or are they figuring out the 150hp rating could be increased?  I rarely have more then 8 people at one time and if they haven't done anything to the transom design, I wonder if I can get a new plate and bump up to a 200hp motor.

Thanks

Todd

That's what happened when we went from the 50hp set up on our 20slx to a 90hp upgrade we got a new coast guard sticker reducing capacity from 11 persons to 10 persons,so it might be possible for you to upgrade in hp with a decrease in capacity...good luck

What motor would you go with? I guess what is your transom now?

I currently have a Merc Optimax Pro XS 150.  Maybe the new 200hp Pro 4 stroke or  the 200 Opti Pro XS.

I just wonder if Bennington did anything to the transom design or is this just really a label change only.  Carry less people and upsize horsepower...

Sounds like that is what happend with TheDuke in ihis post above

Back