2014 Ring of Fire

Link

Reaction score
Every Sunday night before Labor Day our Lake has a tradition called Ring of Fire.  Around the lake approximately 1000 bonfires on the beach are lit at dusk with many competing to have the largest.  We don't go out on the boat as we don't want to leave our fire and party but many boats cruise around the lake at night to see.  Of course it is not complete without music and drinks, one of our neighbors makes 250 jello shots every year and although it signifies the summer coming to a close we all look forward to it every year.

That's probably really cool to see from the air !!

Looks like a good time! With no association us lake owners here don't have any formal activities.

We live in an association but it was a single woman who started it all.  Here's the story from our little Sacandaga Express; http://www.sacandagaexpress.com/News/08292014_ring

Why don't you get it going on your lake Andy cuz it is a blast

and agreed SemperFi, I bet that would be really cool seen from above

Pretty cool Link! Enjoy your pics every year!

Part of the issue is some homes (mine included) are in the city limits that doesn't allow burning. We have a pit but I wouldn't want to advertise it!

Every time I see this thread name I think of ...........................

We also do the "ring of fire" on the sunday evening before labor day.  Unfortunately I don't have a good enough camera to get some good pictures...maybe next year.  It was the 3-4th time we ventured out with the boat after dark and for the most part it is very relaxing.  Some friends came along with us to enjoy the sights as they didn't want to attempt the coming back to the docks in the dark.

All in all it's what boating is all about....going out with friends - having a good time - and just kicking back and relaxing.

Back