2015 2275 GCW-Mooring Cover Question?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
My cover does not have cut outs for the forward Bimini top supports which means I can't install the cover without lowering the Bimini.

Is this typical or an oversight that should be dealer corrected?

I would prefer to not have to lower the Bimini every time I want to install the cover.

EDIT 6/10/15: Had a canvas shop add the missing cutouts, problem solved. 

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, it's made that way. I see lots of toons on our lake that just fold the Bimini back to cover boat, but don't put the boot on the Bimini overnight. Just pray no wind storm comes through. You could probably have a local canvas shop modify it, but it's not an oversight on Benningtons part.

I have the Bennington double factory biminis and the cover has cutouts for the front supports just like the rear.

+1 on made that way. I recall an earlier discussion also. I sometimes have seen older benningtons with double cutouts- the Bimini up and top on - but not any newer ones.

I had my dealer add the front Bimini after delivery and they had the canvas shop install flaps/cutouts for the front brackets. It looks and works great and I leave the Bimini in the upright position with cover on.

I'm solving that problem for now by running a line from the Bimini forward top support to the bow cleats on each side. Will probably have a canvas shop add the cut-outs to the cover though.

Didn't come up till this weekend, but now I too would have liked to have an automatic/factory installed option of keeping the bimini in the open position while the mooring cover is on. (We were also caught in the rain and wiped the interior as well as possible then put the mooring cover on. Wiped again next day and put a can of Dry Rid and opened the seats, etc.)

The bimini on the other hand we did NOT want to cram folded inside a boot while wet! So we had to fold it back without the boot. We were lucky we were able to return the next day to open and air/dry it all out. If there was a way to keep the bimini open it wouldn't collect rain in the folds and probably air dry better. (obviously watch wind conditions) Don't know a canvas shop and hate to have to go to that trouble either. Would be nice if opening for frame lock was already there.

just Food for Thought to Bennington

I'm solving that problem for now by running a line from the Bimini forward top support to the bow cleats on each side. Will probably have a canvas shop add the cut-outs to the cover though.
Tooncrazy: What kind of line, like a bungee cord?

Have the same isse and a question. I'm new to a used pontoon this year and have a full enclosure but would like to pull the side panels and just keep the double Bimini in the middle of summer. My playpen cover doesn't have cutouts for the front support nor does it seem to go over the frame, even if it's all the way down. Does yours reach the front snaps with the frame all the way down? I don't understand how you are using bungee cords.

Have the same isse and a question. I'm new to a used pontoon this year and have a full enclosure but would like to pull the side panels and just keep the double Bimini in the middle of summer. My playpen cover doesn't have cutouts for the front support nor does it seem to go over the frame, even if it's all the way down. Does yours reach the front snaps with the frame all the way down? I don't understand how you are using bungee cords.
I'm not using bungee cords.

On both sides I unhook the forward Bimini supports and put them in the stow/up position. Then I attach a line to the forward Bimini bow and then attach and tighten it on the forward corner boat cleat. Do this on one side at a time to avoid losing control of the Bimini. Cover snaps all the  way forward and fits fine then.

I don't think I can do that with mine since the front Bimini frame sticks out past the playpen, over the front deck area, when folded down.  

Back