2015 2275 GCW With Sport Performance System (SPS)- Is Adding Lifting Strakes Worth It?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
I'm getting a 2015 2275 GCW with a Yamaha 150LB and the SPS package.

I just ran across this lifting strake add-on after reading the build list options again:

"Lifting Strakes - Sealed (ESP/SPS) Add bow lift, which increases handling across choppy water and improves speed as much as 5 miles per hour, depending on engine selection. For optimum performance, lifting strakes are recommended only for engines rated 115 hp or greater and for boats exceeding 30 mph. Lifting strakes are recommended for Twin Ellipitcal Pontoons with 90 hp or greater.

Requires: (904301- Elliptical Sport Package - ESP (21)) -or- (905426- Sport Performance System with Transom Fuel (22 G/R)) -or- (905427- Sport Performance System (22 G/R)) (N/A with 900289 - Lifting Strakes - Sealed (2 tubes)"

Is this something I should add on to my build. it seems like a potentially cheap 5 mph gain?

The SPS package description includes this info:  "lifting strakes on the center pontoon, performance foils inside outer pontoons".

The Lifting Strakes option above seems to be in conflict?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...you should get them.

You're SPS has the strakes already. Sealing is an option which for the price is not a bad idea. Especially if you go lake to lake and have to worry about invasive species like we do out here. 

We don't have any invasive species on our fresh water lake.  As long as you have strakes, the nosecones are going to be out of the water.  And that's where you get your speed and efficiency.  I wouldn't order them.

Back