2015 2275 GCW With Yamaha F150LB - Runs 39+ MPH GPS

I wish I could find a local dealer that had one I could try before buying.

My Reliance SDS 14 1/2"X 15" prop eliminated my idle speed prop chatter and increased my top end speed to 39+ which was the swap goal. However, now I have a low speed vibration which was not there before the swap. Not a deal killer but it's there and it was a free dealer swap out. Don't know if I should be concerned about premature drivetrain wear due to the vibration or not? Is the vibration due to an out of balance prop?

Last edited by a moderator:
The twin elliptals with strakes are the fastest hull Bennington has, but they're not the best handling hull. The ESP center toon is heavier and it does have increased drag vs. 2 toons with strakes.

Most ESP equipped hulls also have relatively heavy upholstery since they're not entry level boats.

****  Moved to Prop Talk Forum

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/6599-prop-help/#comment-86997

My prop is a Yamaha Reliance 14.25 x 17 and I have a 24 SSWX SPS with a Yamaha F200B outboard.  We have the center storage triple toon and our boat is almost always loaded down with people and at least 3-4 Yeti coolers.  On a calm day with little wind and current, my engine RPM's max out around 5200 RPM.  We have not, but plan to start pulling a rather large tube.  Do you think I should move down to a Reliance 14.25 x 13?  My top speed is around 36 mph loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back