2015-2375gwc sport arch twin elliptical SP- gas tank under same lounge seat as battery

Moving Forward

Reaction score
Matthews North Carolina as of September 2016
All,

This may sound like a stupid question. On the drive home from work today it just hit me that the gas tank and battery are housed under the same lounge seat. If there happened to be a fuel/fume leak that is not notice prior to starting the boat with a spark from the battery/ cables, won't we go boom

A fuel/fume leak is very rare.  A spark from a battery is also very rare.  Just make sure your battery connections are TIGHT.  Both would have to fail at the same time which would be a VERY VERY rare event. 

I would say your odds are greater dying in a car or boat accident.  It is good to think about safety, but you have to draw the line somewhere or you'd never leave your house.  Just my 2 cents.  I wouldn't worry about it.

However, anything can happen, so if it does go boom, try to look at the GPS right away to see what your new max speed is.

I'm in insurance risk management so I tend to limit my exposure where possible. With that said, you cannot prevent all accidents which is why I carry high coverage limits.

As for batteries and gas, just make sure the area is well ventilated before connecting, disconnecting at the battery.

Back