2015 Newbie Questions

Where do you store the ramp when you are under way
In the in-floor storage, but it would also fit under the starboard lounger on my boat if needed. In addition to the ramp, a rug or something similar to keep it from making metal to metal contact at the front of the boat is important. We use a long, narrow runner and it helps keep down dirt coming in. 

Sounds like the rest has been covered, but I'll chime in on the plank. I beach my boat a lot while camping out of it and the ramp is priceless. I searched high and low for the perfect one and ended up with this one from Amazon (also available from discountramps.com). Not only is it nice for walking on and off the boat, but it often covers the gap between the muddy shoreline and dry ground, keeping the boat cleaner. I've walked full 120qt coolers up and down it with two huge dudes and the weight it his sturdy as can be. If you spend a lot of time beached, I think it's a must have.

IMG_1917.JPG

Hi! This ramp looks great and is a fraction of the cost from discount ramps. Could you tell me where you store it when underway? Thank you!

In the in-floor storage, but it would also fit under the starboard lounger on my boat if needed. In addition to the ramp, a rug or something similar to keep it from making metal to metal contact at the front of the boat is important. We use a long, narrow runner and it helps keep down dirt coming in.
I've not gotten our new boat home yet but it did just come in. I actually have no idea if we have inflow storage. ?I need to check.

I've not gotten our new boat home yet but it did just come in. I actually have no idea if we have inflow storage. ?I need to check.
Welcome Andy&Kim! In-floor storage is an option on a tri-hull and a fairly expensive one, so you would probably be aware if you have one. Because this thread goes back to 2015, you probably won't get a response from the original poster but perhaps someone else might pipe in. Post some pictures when you have a chance!

Welcome Andy&Kim! In-floor storage is an option on a tri-hull and a fairly expensive one, so you would probably be aware if you have one. Because this thread goes back to 2015, you probably won't get a response from the original poster but perhaps someone else might pipe in. Post some pictures when you have a chance!
Thank you for replying. It is an old thread indeed. I will keep browsing though. Oh and since you asked... I'll post a pic of our new baby. 20190718_062434.jpg

Awesome. Nice boat. It will be exciting once you have it rigged, and in the water. Happy boating.

Back