2017 2250 GSR playpen cover

Mike31406

Reaction score
We closed today on our new Bennie, unfortunately we won't be able to take delivery until late April.  That is providing we get some rain and  Lake Greenwood, South Carolina returns to its normal levels by then.  I have a question for the group; due to multiple shoulder surgeries, a recent shoulder replacement and a bad back I'm fairly sure I will not be able to put up the poles under the playpen cover several times a week.  The boat will be kept on our covered lift.  Has anyone rigged a pulley system directly above the boat with one end of the line tied to the top of the cover and the other led through the pulley to a cleat off to the side?  Any input/suggestions will be appreciated.

We closed today on our new Bennie, unfortunately we won't be able to take delivery until late April.  That is providing we get some rain and  Lake Greenwood, South Carolina returns to its normal levels by then.  I have a question for the group; due to multiple shoulder surgeries, a recent shoulder replacement and a bad back I'm fairly sure I will not be able to put up the poles under the playpen cover several times a week.  The boat will be kept on our covered lift.  Has anyone rigged a pulley system directly above the boat with one end of the line tied to the top of the cover and the other led through the pulley to a cleat off to the side?  Any input/suggestions will be appreciated.

We have a covered lift and I usually just lay the cover on top and snap it on, without poles. Never an issue. If we're gone for a week or more I put the poles in.

Are you saying you'll still be covering it? The poles can be popped in and out with minimal effort. We never change our pole heights. I just pop them into the underside of vent and stand them up. It's very easy. Is it the crawling around that will prevent you from trying to use them?

I was hoping to do as TomS does.  But was thinking that as we have the newer clips there might not be sufficient pressure on them to keep them attached.  Yes it is the crawling under the cover that I would be unable to do.

I covered mine without crawling under the cover. It takes a little longer, but I hated crawling on the floor. when you get your poles set you can lift up on the vent to move the poles around. I started at the front outside the boat buttoned up until the helm. Then just walked back pole by pole. I also had the stern lounge up grade and set a bud light on the rear cup holder to and left the rear seat open to remind me to shut off the batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
The poles can be popped in and out with minimal effort. We never change our pole heights. I just pop them into the underside of vent and stand them up. It's very easy. 

I agree.  With your covered lift you might not use the poles, and even if you do I pop mine in their vent sockets while putting the cover on, and nudge the bottoms into place with my foot to make them vertical.  No stress on the shoulder or back.  

Back