2018 23 ssbxp sps

Lotti

Reaction score
so I have a Yamaha F200 Solas 14.5 X 15 prop. Boat runs between 40-42mph on gps. Here are my issues this is at 6250 rpm and I can trim almost all the way up without blowing the prop out. cavation plate looks too low in water, motor is in first whole. Pretty sure this is outside of Yamaha's recommended rpm.

My thoughts 17 pitch prop same diameter, raise motor up one slot. Not sure if this is correct, but I figure prop would drop me 400 rpm and raising the motor would give me back 200. Put me right around 6000.

First boat in years and first toon period, appreciate any advise.

Welcome to the club!! Most guys on here with the SPS/200 combo are running a Yamaha prop. I’m sure they’ll chime in and let you know where to start. Remember pics of that new boat are a must!

My thoughts 17 pitch prop same diameter, raise motor up one slot. Not sure if this is correct, but I figure prop would drop me 400 rpm and raising the motor would give me back 200. Put me right around 6000.

Looks to be an accurate estimate of what to expect if you make those two specific changes. Hope it holds true in practice. I’d be curious to hear back from you after you test the change to see if it pans out.

I would go to a 15 pitch reliance. This is what I had on my SPS. I think a 17 on that will be to big.

Back