2018 23SPDXP, 2 gauges not 3?

Dandsconnelly

Reaction score
Hi all! We were browsing the catalog waiting to take delivery of our new Benny and noticed a lot of the helms in the catalog have 3 gauges. Looking back at pictures we took (it's still at dealer) and noticed ours has only 2 gauges, not 3. Our question is, what are we missing? Batteries were not hooked up so we were unable to cycle the power and see what the digital sections on both tach and speedo display....

Attached is a picture our helm. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Attachments

• 20180411_141544.jpg
    20180411_141544.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 110
Ok, it looks like this may be the newer dash with the digital readings. I think we answered our own question!

Last edited:
Is that a tach and speedometer with a digital fuel and trim guage then? I have a premium on order and didnt specifically optojo out a speedometer so I'm guessing I'll get the standard 3 guage package. We'll see when it shows up I guess...

I'm not up on the new gauge options but when we ordered our 2014 I added the GPS speedo which added a gauge. Congrats on the new boat.

Is that a tach and speedometer with a digital fuel and trim guage then? I have a premium on order and didnt specifically optojo out a speedometer so I'm guessing I'll get the standard 3 guage package. We'll see when it shows up I guess...

We're guessing that's what the digital gauges are. We saw the same gauges on a Q model in the catalog. I like the look of the 3 gauges together really. Just looks more balanced. Oh well....

I'm not up on the new gauge options but when we ordered our 2014 I added the GPS speedo which added a gauge. Congrats on the new boat.

Ya this layout makes it tough. We bought a Lowrance gps/fish finder and there's nowhere to put it to make it look integrated. It'll be sticking up like a bass boat. Lol!

I believe the gauge on the right is volt, fuel, and trim, with digital on the bottom.

Mercurys have 2 gauges, both are multi-function, no option for 3. A VesselView 7 screen would be a preferable setup for a Merc.

Well unfortunately we have already purchased (and the dealer installed) the Lowrance HD 7 Gen 3 unit . It seemed to work OK.

It baffles me why Bennington doesn't make some type of unit standard? So I guess my thinking, with that being the case, is SOMETHING is better than nothing!

I just picked up a 2018 ssbxp with a Merc 150 and I have the 3 gauge set up in the dash so not sure what the difference is.

I just picked up a 2018 ssbxp with a Merc 150 and I have the 3 gauge set up in the dash so not sure what the difference is.

Is one of your gauges a trim gauge? If so, that's the difference. Our trim reading shows up digitally.

Yep, it has the trim gauge.

Back