2019 22 SLXP Help

ddegler

Reaction score
Hello, new member and future pontoon owner. I have a question about a new Bennington 2019 22 SLXP I am looking at. The boat build sheet lists as standard features horizonal diamond pressed upholstery. On the optional equipment it lists premium sx upholstery at $0. When comparing the furniture on the boat to the 2019 catalog it looks like the SX series pictures and not the SXP. Is this normal? I wouldn't think the dealer wouldn't switch. I keep thinking they ordered it as a SLXP and downgraded the furniture when they ordered it to pay less for it but still show the higher MSRP. Is that even possible? Is there furniture that different. I don't want to overpay for something I'm not getting. Could also be I'm an over cautious buyer. Something just doesn't look right.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Attach42221_20200705_220412.jpg
    Attach42221_20200705_220412.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Attach42222_20200705_220412.jpg
    Attach42222_20200705_220412.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 50
That's not the premium interior. Maybe the bases, but not the diamond upholstery as you have reported. I'd have a frank conversation with the dealer about it.

That's not the premium interior. Maybe the bases, but not the diamond upholstery as you have reported. I'd have a frank conversation with the dealer about it.

My thoughts too. Something is off.

Looks like the SX furniture instead of the SXP.
You sure it's a Premium and not the one-notch-down SX?

If it's an SX, then the console will have the binnacle near the steering wheel:

2019-Bennington-SX_Series_21-BO-WG4845-4955759-R753694-20200626142656929.jpg

If it's an SXP, then the console will have the binnacle on the elongated side console:

2019-Bennington-22ssbxp-BO-WG5392-4951074-20200413220507783.jpg

The SXP logos on the side panels will appear as such, with the word "Premium":

Screenshot_20200706-194206.png

Last edited:
Nope it's an 22SLXP. I called bennington today and they confirmed. The rep pulled up actual pictures of the boat and build sheet. Guess they take pictures before they go out the door. He also confirmed the dealer ordered them (the are several) this way. He was confused as well. While he did not confirm it he agreed that the dealer might have ordered it that way to get a credit back for the lower upholstery setup. It does have the upgraded bases and console. On the MSRP sheet it shows the premium SX as an option at 0.00. This would keep the MSRP the same while lowering the cost. Sneaky trick if you ask me. Waiting to talk to my salesman tomorrow before I move forward.

Attachments

• 20200704_173302.jpg
    20200704_173302.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200705_211538.jpg
    20200705_211538.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200705_211629.jpg
    20200705_211629.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 24
Nope it's an 22SLXP. I called bennington today and they confirmed. The rep pulled up actual pictures of the boat and build sheet. Guess they take pictures before they go out the door. He also confirmed the dealer ordered them (the are several) this way. He was confused as well. While he did not confirm it he agreed that the dealer might have ordered it that way to get a credit back for the lower upholstery setup. It does have the upgraded bases and console. On the MSRP sheet it shows the premium SX as an option at 0.00. This would keep the MSRP the same while lowering the cost. Sneaky trick if you ask me. Waiting to talk to my salesman tomorrow before I move forward.

Wow, that seems a bit shady on the dealer's part, in my opinion.
There's a $952 difference in base price between the 22SLX and 22SLXP...so now you can start playing hardball, should you choose to move forward on it. Good luck!

Question....So the pillowtop upgrade is totally separate of premium interior? My 2017 22 SSRCX is not a "premium" but well optioned (Yamaha 150, SPS, electrically assisted hydraulic steering, ski locker, filler seat, full GPS gauges, Garman, wave shields, lifting strakes, SS ladder, SS tow bar, etc) and does have pillowtop furniture in cream/tan simtek and very plush and comfortable. It has a center backrest continuous section in a vinyl marbled looking pattern in similar tan/cream color. Speakers are in lower hard plastic areas of furniture bases and no cupholder cutouts at all in backrests. This looks like the most comfortable seats as good back support anywhere you sit. Even the optional moveable stern door seat sits well. It appears some models have interiors with shortened seat depth to add styling. Seems narrow seats wouldn't be as easy to lay sunbathing style in and less supportive even though you may gain fold down armrests and more cupholders ....and my older style console helm with vertical switches has 2 cupholders instead of just the 1 in newer style..........hmmmmmmm.........So maybe less is more???

Last edited:
Totally shady in my opinion. Do you have another dealer option in regards to purchasing a Bennington? I think you have to ask yourself if they are a bit shady here with sneaking in a larger sales margin on this slight of hand move for the unaware buyer, what else will they do when they think they can get a way with it?

Could be implications down the road for service, if it needs warranty work, general assistance and support, etc.

Back