2019 Bennington G22

onabob

Reaction score
Looking at buying this boat
ETWG7856L819
150 Yamaha
looks to be in good condition, it is an auction
any helpful words about this model?
where can I find out its approximate worth?
Also, how easy is it to get keys made for it, as this one comes with none!

Check out nadaguides.com or boats.com.

I would change the switch . Do you know the reason it is at an auction ? Was it repossessed ? Any authorized Yamaha dealer should be able to get keys.

The G series is a very solid boat. I don’t know of any particular stand out issues or problems with the 2019 G-series. On the surface, I wouldn’t have ANY concerns there. My only concern would be how it was cared for in season and out of season. That’s a real difference maker with boats and their motors.

Bennington has dozens and dozens and dozens of boat combinations. Maybe a hundred or so. For any sort of estimates on value you get (local dealerships, NADA, price comparisions online, etc) you are going to need A LOT more details.

You have model, year and motor. Not bad starting points. You also need:
- length, hull type, furniture layout, and if possible major options. Those things will mater if trying to dial in an estimate. They will mater a lot.

Finally, with record demand and limited supply, prices both new and used are VERY high these days. Thus, I’d expect it to be reselling pretty easily in the price range it was bought new. So another aid might be tracking down its original sales paperwork, and finding out that price.

Good luck with any decision you make. If you have a handful of pictures of it and post them here, I bet a lot of us can provide some details about your boat. Front and back of hull/pontoons, side profile, helm, flooring, furniture from a few angles. You post those, and many of us will be able to let you know some important details.

Found this on another forum. Also look around under helm for a possible spare. I keep one on my boat, but not under helm. That’s first place someone would probably look … LOL!! I bought spares off eBay.

“Unscrew the retaining ring on the ignition switch. On one or the other of the flat sides of the switch you will find a three digit number. Call your Yam dlr (or better still call Andy at SIM) and request a duplicate key or keys. Just give him the three digit key number.”

Move it up and down to check for sloshing water in tubes.

Back