2020 Garmin

IFlyEM

Reaction score
Does anyone know model of Garmin Bennington is using in their dash mounts? I have mine mounted in the center between the 2 round gauges from the dealer. I haven't picked up the boat yet, but all I am told is its a "Garmin In-Dash Display". Thanks in advance!

I believe it’s a Striker. Complete waste of $ in my opinion, opt out and get a real MFD. Would be nice if Benny gave options for higher end units (10-16inch units) that were molded into the helm. I’m mounting mine aftermarket and just not a clean look but those are 1st world problems.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I actually JUST got the build sheet from my dealership and it is indeed the "upgraded" "STRIKER 4 FISH GRAPH". Better than nothing. This is my first ever boat purchase and I am learning it is a very "a-la-carte" experience!

I felt like my build was less “ala carte” and more “all you can spend”! crimminy these things are as bad as spec’ing a truck or euro car - base price is HALF of what you pay after options!

Seriously though, while that Striker is better than nothing you may find yourself wanting more later on depending on what your needs are. Just having a true navigational chart is worth the price of an upgrade, depending on what water you’re on. Small lake - you’re good to go. Larger lakes and other bodies of water with shoals, spoils, mud flats etc. and you’ll want to upgrade - run aground once and it will have paid for itself. Sometimes those marker bouys float away so having an additional aid will keep you and your family/guests as safe as possible.

Related question: does anyone have a larger format Garmin with the optional forward facing transducer for shallow depth collision warning?

Back