2020 salt water series swing back lounger lift strut base ripped out.

Bigmike

Reaction score
I lifted the the lounger pad to switch batteries and the strut bracket ripped out of the lounger pad. It appeared to be a combination of rusted bolts and rotten wood. Has anyone had this happen? Any tips before I start trying to remove the under cushion fabric to see whats in there? I'm hoping I can find some decent wood to put in some new marine grade bolts. Any info is appreciated. TIA.

Are you the original owner? 2020 should still be covered under warranty.

I lifted the the lounger pad to switch batteries and the strut bracket ripped out of the lounger pad. It appeared to be a combination of rusted bolts and rotten wood. Has anyone had this happen? Any tips before I start trying to remove the under cushion fabric to see whats in there? I'm hoping I can find some decent wood to put in some new marine grade bolts. Any info is appreciated. TIA.
I had that happen in our changing room. The bolts from the strut/bracket came out of the wood. Luckily the wood was not rotten and I was able to install larger stainless steel bolts and it grabbed and held up! Before you go ripping everything up there are wood filler products out there that you can use to fill in an area that will harden sufficiently to be able to use bolts or screws when cured. Then again how did marine grade plywood in a 2020 boat get rotten in the first place?!?

Was the warranty transferred at an authorized Bennington dealer? If so, it may be worth the trip.

I didn't formally transfer the warranty because of the great distance involved. I spoke to the dealer who sold me the boat and we had an “off the record” discussion about it and I left it at that. Thanks again for the input.

Same thing happened to mine and was covered under warranty

Heck, for me a major factor in getting a Bennington is the excellent 10 year warranty. I’d have to have a heck of a sales incentive for leaving that on the table, regardless of dealerhsip distance.

Anyway, Daril had some good ideas above and solved a similar problem at one point on his former boat. Good luck.

Back