2022 20LLG Antenna Location?

Fairway

Reaction score
2022 20LLG Antenna Location
My stereo reception is terrible and have often wondered why there is no antenna.
Can someone verify (attached) if this is where an antenna should be located and where I can buy one? There is a black threaded cap that states "use seastar products only" but I cant seem to find an am/fm "seastar" antenna. When I unscrew the cap it appears to have maybe a 1/2"-20 thread (or more than likely 13mm). I bought a generic antenna it appears to have a 1/4"-20 or 6mm so threads are way too small.
I've looked through all of the "gear" that came with the boat and I cant believe Bennington doesn't supply an an antenna!!

Attachments

• 20LLG antenna location.jpg
    20LLG antenna location.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 14
The antenna is coiled or folded up under your helm. It helps some to uncoil it.

Thanks for the quick response @Jack M I'll take look under there and see what I can find out.
Do you know what the threaded hole with the black cap is used for?
Also - Thanks for your service. My father was a plank owner on the USS Fletcher DD-445

Black cap is for power steering fluid.
I did not serve, the
ship is named after a family member. Adrimiral Raymond A Spruance. DD-963

Well thanks fr your service moderating the website then!
A whole class of destroyers named after a family member... definitely something to be proud of!

Thank You, I am. I watch the Original Midway movie a few times a year.Glen Ford plays the part of Adrimiral Spruance.

@Jack M I couldn't tell what wire is the antenna wire.
The black coiled up paired wire appears to *speaker wire loop and the black line with the molded connector is an aux audio input.
Can you tell what might be the radio antenna wire from these photos?

Edit*

Attachments

• 20LLG radio wires.jpg
    20LLG radio wires.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20LLG radio wires 2.jpg
    20LLG radio wires 2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 11
Can you see the end of the wire with the black zip tie ? If 1 end is connected to the radio and the other is not connected, that is it .

Back