2023 College football thread

Who else is getting into the weekday Conference USA games?
Liberty is the real thing!

Sadly for me, that is correct... and PSU's quarterback hasn't proven himself against tough opponents... Clearly that was on display, lol.

back to the drawing board for the lions...
I thought that was going to be a better game!

Who else is getting into the weekday Conference USA games?
Liberty is the real thing!
I was channel surfing on Thursday night and JMU was playing Marshall. Had no idea! They are ranked now!

I was channel surfing on Thursday night and JMU was playing Marshall. Had no idea! They are ranked now!
I was going to bring that up.... Congrats!!!! Your Duke are transitioning way better than Sam Houston!
It's a crime that they can't get a bowl!

I was going to bring that up.... Congrats!!!! Your Duke are transitioning way better than Sam Houston!
It's a crime that they can't get a bowl!
I didn't realize that they are prohibited of going to a bowl for "2" years after moving up. That's pretty crazy to me! The only way they can make it to a bowl is if there aren't enough 6 win bowl eligible teams to fill up the bowl schedule!

Does anyone else feel that Taylor Swift is to the NFL what Yoko Ono was to Te Beatles?

I wonder if Travis Kelce goes to her concerts and jumps around like a star struck 12 year old?

Does anyone else feel that Taylor Swift is to the NFL what Yoko Ono was to Te Beatles?

I wonder if Travis Kelce goes to her concerts and jumps around like a star struck 12 year old?
Did you see the interview with Kelce's Dad? He said that Taylor Swift was friendly and cordial and spoke to everybody in the suite. She was even helping to clean up. She is no Diva! I mean c'mon the relationship is not going to last if prior history is any indicator! He'll even have a song written for him! I don't pay any attention to the Chiefs anyway!

I'm just saying that the cameras do not need to pan up to here suite every time he makes a catch. Call me crazy, but I would rather see the actual players celebrate the play. We remember what she looks like and don't need a reminder multiple times every game. LOL
Now, to be clear, it's not her fault nor is she the problem. It's the camera operators and the engineers choosing to show her so frequently.
My apologies...I had originally included a comment that some might have found too colorful for our family friendly atmosphere here.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that the cameras do not need to pan up to here suite every time he makes a catch. Call me crazy, but I would rather see the actual players celebrate the play. We remember what she looks like and don't need a reminder multiple times every game. LOL
Now, to be clear, it's not her fault nor is she the problem. It's the camera operators and the engineers choosing to show her so frequently.
My apologies...I had originally included a comment that some might have found too colorful for our family friendly atmosphere here.
What makes it worse is that Mahome's flaky wife is sitting right next to her! Andy Reid loves Taylor Swift. He said that Kelce has played better since she has been there!

It’s all about attracting an audience and getting viewing numbers up. It might be irritating as a football fan with all the OVER THE TOP coverage and camera pans….BUT it has brought in a significant jump in jersey sales, social media coverage, TV coverage outside of games, and an entire “new” audience with the segments of Swift’s fan base that were not into football previously. Has been irritating me as a fan trying to watch a game, but I get it.

On the flip side, at least it’s less disruptive and destructive than the tearing apart of our college football conference frameworks in the pursuit of more TV $$$$.

Daril, what in tarnation happened to your Terps today?

Daril, what in tarnation happened to your Terps today?
We were on a road trip and didn't see any of the game. I'll have to watch the synopsis. Did you see it?

We were on a road trip and didn't see any of the game. I'll have to watch the synopsis.
I always record "The Final Drive" on the Big Ten Network. They typically run it back to back through the late night/early morning hours.
Sundays begin with catching up on everything B1G!

I always record "The Final Drive" on the Big Ten Network. They typically run it back to back through the late night/early morning hours.
Sundays begin with catching up on everything B1G!
Done with football! MD lost. Commanders had the Eagles then lost! Tired of losing football! Ha! JMU won though and is still undefeated and hopefully will move up the rankings! ....

Tired of losing football! Ha!
Tell me about it.

My Spartan’s would find a way to lose an inter-team scrimmage right now in football.

Tuned in to the #4 MSU v #9 Tenn exhibition basketball game we hosted yesterday…and we lost that by 1 pt (after them jumping up on us 17-1 to start the game at HOME for MSU. Even basketball didn’t provide us a reprieve yesterday. I guess its up to the Lions tonight to salvage my sports weekend.

Tell me about it.

My Spartan’s would find a way to lose an inter-team scrimmage right now in football.

Tuned in to the #4 MSU v #9 Tenn exhibition basketball game we hosted yesterday…and we lost that by 1 pt (after them jumping up on us 17-1 to start the game at HOME for MSU. Even basketball didn’t provide us a reprieve yesterday. I guess its up to the Lions tonight to salvage my sports weekend.
Yeah I meant to ask you about the Lions last week. I heard my wife's Ravens beat them in all facets of the game playing lights out! (She wanted to see "The killing of the Flower Moon". A new 3 and a half hr. movie directed by Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio) After watching the Lions play a couple games this year I can't believe they got dominated like that! Should be a pretty good game tonight!

Back