22 SCWX P Damaged Rear Lounger seats

JPL

Reaction score
Well to my disdain, my boat came in March 2017, we took delivery on April 1 and when it came in, we knew the seats were damaged.  So I check in last week and to get an update on the delivery.  Well, they came in...but they were not even the right color.  Needless to say, I am not very pleased with this as I waited close to 14 weeks and they were wrong.  I  called Bennington and they said I need to wait again another 5-6 weeks.  Not very happy at the moment. 

That's brutal. I would be beside myself in your shoes. I realize now what a risk I took in January when I let my dealer have my trade in Bennington before I had my new one. I did not do that with my first trade as it was boating season and I wanted a boat until I had my new one. I figured ordering on January 18 there was not much risk as they told me 6 to 8 weeks for the new one which took 12 weeks. Throw in an issue like your experiencing and I have no boat for the summer.  Hang in they will get this right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why aren't you using the boat until the new seats arrive? Are they damaged to the point you can't sit on them?

Sorry.  I should clarify, I am able to use the boat and the seats only have some rips on the sides.  I am just used to dealing with quicker turnaround times for warranty issues.

Took 12 weeks back in 2013 for me to get a new helm chair. The furniture delays are ridiculous. I guess the good news is you can use the boat but I feel your frustration.

It will be much longer than 12 weeks. I am still waiting for  part of furniture and it has been 5 months and 2 days.

I know this is not going to make you feel much better about the delay but our neighbors at the lake have a Manitou on order and it is very delayed because of furniture that is not finished. Obviously this new vinyl is causing the furniture venders a big problem. Not just a Bennington issue.

I know this is not going to make you feel much better about the delay but our neighbors at the lake have a Manitou on order and it is very delayed because of furniture that is not finished. Obviously this new vinyl is causing the furniture venders a big problem. Not just a Bennington issue.

Yes, folks.... let's be careful about throwing Bennington under the bus. Remember that suppliers plan their production based on their customer's (in this case, Bennington) forecast. Any replacement work is above and beyond their planned scope.

Since no one in this thread seems to be sitting at the dock as a result of delays, let's go easy..... and happy boating.

Back