2250 leans to right

Reaction score
My 2250 RL has always leaned to the right. I try shifting a few things around but nothing helps. Anyone had this problem. It is a tritoon.

If it has an elliptical center toon, I thought this might be normal ? I thought the elliptical center acts like a fulcrum point?

What's your boat specs and what other options do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a starboard mounted fuel cell under the seats it would explain it, that is normal plus the weight of the helm. If you have an esp with a center tube mounted fuel cell then I would get it checked for a leak in a tube.

Are you talking about at rest or while under way?

V hulled boats tend to lean and pull to the right because of torque steer of the prop. Prior to counter rotation outboards, this was a big problem when running multiple engines.

How big is your fuel tank and where is it located? Fuel is around 7lbs per gallon, so if you're full, it could be a lot of weight

Can you give us more details on your build

Todd

Dual batteries can add a lot as well, if both are on the same side.

On our 07' 2275rl the fuel tank is on the port side and when it's full we lean to the port side. The battery is on the centerline of the boat in the changing room. I would check for water in the tubes especially on the starboard side.

I like my RLi, tank is centered in changing room, and battery to port, probably weight offset by helm. No lean here.

I am really late to this party, but I am having an issue with my 2275FSI leaning to the right. I just had my marina guy pull it out and check to see if there might be a leak in the pontoon on that side, but he says no. Previously we had our boat in a slip where you never saw the back of the boat. Since we changed slips, the back is now visible looking out from the deck of the restaurant and the lean is noticeable. Especially compared to other pontoon boats that are next to ours. None of those lean at all. Given the fact that we never saw the boat from the rear in the slip before, I can't really say how long it's been like that. The fuel tank is on that side, but I don't understand why other similar boats don't have this issue. We are on a fresh water lake, so no salt water issues. Any ideas of what may be causing this?

On our boat with a full tank, ours leans to the port (left) side.

Maybe it needs a V8? :p

My dealers mechanic is worried about my weight distribution since I'll have 3x31's all on the starboard side, that's 225lbs, offset slightly by the 65lb group 24 on the port, but, it is what it is! No where else to put them! Haha

"Leanin to the side but you can't spead through

Two miles an hour so everybody sees you"

Summer Summer Summertime :)

Bingo!

I noticed mine leaning last year. The culprit was a hairline crack at a weld that failed. It took on water making it list to the right, get it checked out. If you have access to a thermal imaging camera you can "see" the waterline if any, in the tube (the boat needs to be trailered, preferably on a slight incline). On a warm day, below the waterline will be cooler than the airspace above. We use this trick to check the level of fluids in tanks on hazmat incidents.

I also had a lean last year that was very subtle. It ended up being a crack in the upper rear of the log and only took on water when we were moving. The local marina drilled the log to remove the water and fixed the weld...unfortunately the guy forgot to reweld the hole so we dang near lost the whole thing when we put it back in the water...he was pretty embarrassed and is taken care of now. However...I constantly am looking at how it sits in the water and am always convincing myself there isn't a hole in it.

That's a great idea Hosedragger...I have access to one of those cameras so will be using this coming weekend when the toon is on the lift...just for peace of mind. :)

If you have access to a thermal imaging camera you can "see" the waterline if any, in the tube (the boat needs to be trailered, preferably on a slight incline). On a warm day, below the waterline will be cooler than the airspace above.

That is a good idea!

Just remember that the tubes are chambered, so check each chamber, not just the rear.

Back