2275 GCW Raised Helm - GPS Flush Mount Size On Panel?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
My 2275 is being built now. I have a Garmin GPSMAP 531s unit that I'd like to flush mount on the right of the wheel where the fish finder units usually go. Does anyone know if that space will accommodate a 6 1/4"H X 6 3/4" wide cut out for my GPS flush mount kit? If not what might be the next best position to mount the unit flush mount or otherwise?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it could be a tight fit with the switches down there. The Echo 100 is 4.1 x 5.8 according to the website. And there's one more switch hiding behind the steering wheel. 

IMG_1048.JPG

Look at those pics in the gallery on the home page that JSM posted. I'm not sure how he doesn't have any switches though. 

Seems like it could be a tight fit with the switches down there. The Echo 100 is 4.1 x 5.8 according to the website. And there's one more switch hiding behind the steering wheel. 

IMG_1048.JPG
Where you have whatever unit that is on the RAM mount on the left side of your wheel might be my next best option or maybe even my best option because I like having the GPS mounted higher up for better visibility anyway. Sure looks good flush mounted though.

Thanks!

Yes that is a great looking install. That GPS unit has a 4" screen whereas mine is 5" and needs 1 1/4" more height for the flush mount cut out. From the photo there doesn't look like enough room. 

Said it before

BENNINGTON REDESIGN YOUR HELM FOR 7" SCREEN
And a cup holder that works when the boat is underway!  :angry:

Where you have whatever unit that is on the RAM mount on the left side of your wheel might be my next best option or maybe even my best option because I like having the GPS mounted higher up for better visibility anyway. Sure looks good flush mounted though.

Thanks!
I usually have the Ram mount up higher too. It is much easier to look at than the fish finder hiding behind the steering wheel. It's an iPad Mini, BTW. Seems like I've seen some pics on here of others who have mounted other electronics in a similar way over there. 

Is there plenty of meat in the console left side there to take some weight my GPS unit seems to weigh maybe 2 pounds.

Thanks!

And a cup holder that works when the boat is underway!  :angry:

I usually have the Ram mount up higher too. It is much easier to look at than the fish finder hiding behind the steering wheel. It's an iPad Mini, BTW. Seems like I've seen some pics on here of others who have mounted other electronics in a similar way over there. 
From a practical standpoint that looks like it might be a little better location anyway given what there is to work with especially if you want it closer to eye level. The downside is that the install doesn't look near as nice.as JSM's panel mount.

Such a shame there isn't a close to eye level universal panel space for electronics on the 2275 GCW raised helm panel.

What do the switches you have down there operate? Mine just has the upper banks.

What do the switches you have down there operate? Mine just has the upper banks.
Two accessory switches and the cupholder lights. I have my marine radio wired into one and my LED under-seat lights to the other. 

IMG_1033.JPG

Two accessory switches and the cupholder lights. I have my marine radio wired into one and my LED under-seat lights to the other. 

IMG_1033.JPG
Thus the extra switches. I do not have under seat or cup holder lighting.

Well I added the under seat lighting myself. Other than the cupholders, those were just empty switches to start off. 

We never had any there, but we do have an empty switch in the upper bank.

Thus the extra switches. I do not have under seat or cup holder lighting.
Well I added the under seat lighting myself. Other than the cupholders, those were just empty switches to start off. 
 Do you have under seat lighting on both sides of your boat, how did you run the wires?

I put it under the edge of all of my bench seats. I ran a wire from the helm to each seat going under the boat counter clockwise around the edge, using existing speaker wire holes for all but the one seat with no speaker. It's probably my favorite add-on that I've done to our boat. The LEDs are color changing so we can set them to whatever we want. Blue to match the speakers and cupholders, white for just good, bright light, or red for star gazing (my favorite setting).

I still haven't taken any good photos of them, but here are a some cell phone shots from the day I installed them.

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

White setting:

IMG_1287.JPG

Red interior lights with my green fishing light on a starry night:

IMG_3960-ps.jpg

Is that Lake Powell?  I'm sooooooooo jealous...... I went to Mulley Point this summer and met 2 guys who were college instructors on astronomy. They had several telescopes set up and basically gave us a class on the sky. We were the only ones there. What an unexpected treat! I want to do the same (red/green/white) thing on mine down the road. I know there are several threads on adding leds. Did you by chance add to them or use one of those threads for info?

It is Lake Powell. More pics from that trip here if you're interested. 

I did use some of the existing threads on the subject. I don't recall which, but they led me to believe that these TaoTronics LED lights were of a higher quality. I went with the 150's instead of the 300's and I am totally happy with the brightness and light density. I read that some people had problems with cheap no-name LED lights melting. I haven't had any problems with those. I'll have to take some better pics next time I'm on the boat and post up a thread on what I did. 

Back