2275 GCW Raised Helm - GPS Flush Mount Size On Panel?

I put it under the edge of all of my bench seats. I ran a wire from the helm to each seat going under the boat counter clockwise around the edge, using existing speaker wire holes for all but the one seat with no speaker. It's probably my favorite add-on that I've done to our boat. The LEDs are color changing so we can set them to whatever we want. Blue to match the speakers and cupholders, white for just good, bright light, or red for star gazing (my favorite setting).

I still haven't taken any good photos of them, but here are a some cell phone shots from the day I installed them.

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

White setting:

IMG_1287.JPG

Red interior lights with my green fishing light on a starry night:

IMG_3960-ps.jpg
 Vey cool!

Damnit Nick! Ok did you do anything with the back loungers. The front looks kick ass and I might need to do this.

I didn't do anything with the loungers. There was nowhere to put the lights and keep them hidden. It's okay though. Usually when we're sitting there we're just looking out, and the lights from up front reach back there enough to still make it easy enough to see around. I'll definitely get some better photos of my install and post up a thread on that in the very near future. Next boat camping trip isn't for two weeks but I'll probably get it out to go fishing between now and then. 

In the mean time, here's a really bad quality hyperlapse video I shot when I installed them. The lights are on fade mode where it just runs through the whole rainbow of possibilities. This is 2x real speed, I think. 

https://youtu.be/p9rBxwb2u_g

The View Models page on Bennington's website for a 2275 GCW shows a console panel GPS mounting area that I have not seen before. Does anyone know what 2275 GCW console this is?  Is this something new?

Here's a link, the photo is about in the middle of the thumb nails:  http://www.benningtonmarine.com/Pontoon-Boat.php?id=859

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington does not seem to do a great job of updating those photos. My guess after looking at the rest of those is that's something from an older helm design. 

tn_gallery_5701_771_129723.jpg
  This is the dash panel for the 50 series Garmin I ordered from the dealer for my 2014 GCW.

tn_gallery_5701_771_129723.jpg
  This is the dash panel for the 50 series Garmin I ordered from the dealer for my 2014 GCW.
Can you give us any more detail on this panel option? Part number/dimensions etc.? Will it accept a 6 3/4" w X6 1/4" h cut out for a flush mount kit? Presumably that panel is for the standard GCW console? Some photos would be great too!

Will the optional panel described somehow fit the optional elevated helm?

Does anyone know is the optional elevated helm sold for the 2015 2275 GCW is used on any other Bennington models?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it could be a tight fit with the switches down there. The Echo 100 is 4.1 x 5.8 according to the website. And there's one more switch hiding behind the steering wheel. 

IMG_1048.JPG
Is this helm the Elevated version?

Is this helm the Elevated version?
Yes. You can see the step up in the bottom left there. I don't think there is any difference on the actual helm panels between the elevated and non-elevated versions. It just has that platform built on to the bottom, making it sit a little higher. 

Back