2275rcw verado 225

rnt

Reaction score
Glad to be a new and first time owner, just ordered a 2275RCW with the merc verado 225 and esp. Does anyone have this set up and if so what kind of speed are you getting?

First off, welcome to the forum. You are going to love your new Benington! Outstanding toon/engine combo. Don't have your exact setup but I think you are looking at 43-46 mph.

You should hit right around the mid 40's.

You're gonna like that boat.

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you hang around and become active here, you will find lots of like minded people with a wealth of information to share.

As for your new boat and setup. I probably have about as close to that as you will find here. I have the 2275 RCW with esp, lifting strakes, wave shield, and the 250 Verado with a SS Inertia 17 prop(if I recall). I have had it to about 44 (speedometer) with the top up and the wife and I plus typical gear on board. We have plenty of power and it sure is fun to cruise along in the mid 20's knowing you have lots of throttle left and can outrun a lot of the boats on the water. There are lots of boats out there faster I realize but, there are lots out there that can't do mid-40's either.

I am suprised you have not been told to post pics of this new boat. Usually the first thing people like to see from a new member.

Once again, welcome to the board.

andy

Many big engined pontoons will get to the 44 to 46 mph range. But to get into the 50's, you've either got to go with a relatively short hull and a big engine or go all the way to the 300-350 hp motors--which are terribly expensive.

Ultra-fast top end speed is just a big, big investment. And few people often run pontoon boats at such high speeds.

Back