23GSB vs 23RSB tritoon load rating

SteveRo

Reaction score
Just purchased a 19 23GSB with SPS performance pkg. Looking at the specifications of the 23RSB it is rated for an extra person and/or an extra 200lbs. Wondering why as both boats both have 25" pontoons and 23.4 long? Thanks

Just purchased a 19 23GSB with SPS performance pkg. Looking at the specifications of the 23RSB it is rated for an extra person and/or an extra 200lbs. Wondering why as both boats both have 25" pontoons and 23.4 long? Thanks

Generically speaking, with the same hull type, boat layout, etc. as you move up in Bennington models the frames/crossbeams, thickness of metal in many parts of the boat, etc. increases, is more robust, thicker, etc.

As a consequence as you move up in boat model from S to G to R to Q the boats are rated to carry more people and weight, but the boats themselves are also heavier. For example your GSB is likely rated for more weight and people than my 24’ SSBXP SPS. It is also a heavier boat, so a 200 HP on the otherwise exact same S might push it a little better or faster than the same motor on the G series, or likewise in that comparison on the G series compared to the R series.

I hope this generic explanation makes senes. Happy boating! :cool:

Generically speaking, with the same hull type, boat layout, etc. as you move up in Bennington models the frames/crossbeams, thickness of metal in many parts of the boat, etc. increases, is more robust, thicker, etc.

As a consequence as you move up in boat model from S to G to R to Q the boats are rated to carry more people and weight, but the boats themselves are also heavier. For example your GSB is likely rated for more weight and people than my 24’ SSBXP SPS. It is also a heavier boat, so a 200 HP on the otherwise exact same S might push it a little better or faster than the same motor on the G series, or likewise in that comparison on the G series compared to the R series.

I hope this generic explanation makes senes. Happy boating! :cool:

Makes sense. I was under assumption the pontoon tubes themselves had the larger part in how much weight/people the boat could support.

Back