2550 RBR owners

packman

Reaction score
Hello Bennington owners! I'm new to this forum but not to boating. I have a 2015 21SLX with Yamaha 150 that I'm thinking about upgrading to a 2016 2550 RBR. Any owners of this model out there? Looking for your thoughts on the boat and power. Thinking of 300 HP Yamaha with DCS and ESP. Your thoughts? How has the bar features worked out? Anything would have done differently?

Many thanks.

WOW! That's quite an upgrade but a good choice indeed. Good luck.

I have the 2350 RBR. We love the boat. I have two kids, 7 & 10. We often have another family on board. It is great for entertaining with a lot of counter space. I have ESP and a 225. The 300 became available this year. With clean toons, I can hit 40-41. I would go as big as you can afford. Others will chime in. However, the 300 should be more than enough. Do not get the wide captains chair as it makes it a bit narrow between the seat and the bar to pass through. I love the seagrass, others will chime in. I do not have the fridge as I do not have power. I will defer to others in that. I do not regret the layout and actually would not trade the layout for any others. Good luck!

jsur,

Thanks for the reply. Good point on wider seat. Look forward to other comments.

The other advantage is that you have 3 lounges with seat backs. That was the primary reason I actually changed my order from the 2250 gbr. Those are nice to have where somebody can sit back while facing forward with their legs extended in front of them. Also, I do not think you need the table in front as you will have plenty of tabletop/counter space in back. It will only obstruct movement.

Back