2575 QCW w/ Volvo 5.7 I/O Top Speed

djm

Reaction score
2575 QCW w/ Volvo 5.7 I/O Top Speed

Just wondering if anyone has this setup and what is the Top Speed, I thought I saw 44mph somewhere but I'm not sure.

I had a chance to go out and play, and I wanted to really test out the new toy. I have the 2575 QCW with the 350 IO. I have a few questions though.

1) Top speed was 42 mph, which was less than the dealer claimed but it got there in a hurry so I have no complaint. Is that top speed normal?

That is a really heavy boat so I would not consider that speed bad at all plus as it breaks in you may do a little bit better.

That is a post from last year.

Our 2575rcw 350 I/O is 4 years old and top speed is 38 mph with pitted toons from continuous in water storage.

I would agree I have a 2575 Qcw and top speed is 42.to. 44 max. I think bennington should post these numbers.

They should post what kind of numbers each motor set up a customer can expect. I mean why should some one upgrade to the big block when they have no idea what kind of numbers each motor produces

This weekend I got my new Bennington (2874 QCWT – Sport Tower 2013) delivered from the factory “I posted some pictures of it in the Gallery earlier today”, I have on it Yamaha V8 350 O\B, after I put on the first 2 hrs I tried full power for about 60 seconds and I got 48 MPH on the GPS and the speedometer (Yamaha Command Link), as I said this was only 60 seconds full power since the engine still under 10 hrs. I don’t know if 48 is the top speed or I would get higher speed if I keep full power longer, I guess will find out after the first 10 hrs on the engine.

I think you should get more than 44 MPH since the 25QCW is lighter than the 28QCWT, not to mention the big and heavy tower on my 28Q, did you try to trim the engine a little up for the best RPM ?

Last edited by a moderator:
E.M yea I had the boat trimmed correctly and 44 was All she would do. I saw the pic's of you new 2874 QCW wow it's a great looking boat.

I like the Faux teak at the front. I wanted to get that done on my 2012 q but the dealer wanted 3k for that small section. At least yours is a larger section and you could justify

It. At the time I got the impression the factory were not interested in doing the Faux teak in any other location other than the rear section of the boat. Due to slowing down the production line

This weekend I got my new Bennington (2874 QCWT – Sport Tower 2013) delivered from the factory “I posted some pictures of it in the Gallery earlier today”, I have on it Yamaha V8 350 I/O, after I put on the first 2 hrs I tried full power for about 60 seconds and I got 48 MPH on the GPS and the speedometer (Yamaha Command Link), as I said this was only 60 seconds full power since the engine still under 10 hrs. I don’t know if 48 is the top speed or I would get higher speed if I keep full power longer, I guess will find out after the first 10 hrs on the engine.

I think you should get more than 44 MPH since the 25QCW is lighter than the 28QCWT, not to mention the big and heavy tower on my 28Q, did you try to trim the engine a little up for the best RPM ?
EM, The 25 Q with I/O should be heavier than yours w/tower & O/B, plus the location of all that weight is likely causing more draft?

Just a thought.

I am puzzled why is that, we have the same engine, your boat probably at least 500 to 700 pounds lighter if not more with that heavy tower, how come you are going slower, ..!! could it be the propeller, I remember my dealer when we were ordering the boat telling me that he will order a special propeller little more expensive (really don’t know what he meant, is this what go on this engine or this is an upgrade.. ?) and if that is an upgrade does it explain the speed ? .. When I see my dealer I will ask him for you and let you know.. I can’t think of any other explanation?

Thank you for the compliment about the boat and teak, by the way did you find a way to keep that teak clean?, it is not an easy task.

Ohhhh.... I see, yours is I/O, mine is O/B, sorry my mistake, Bill N is probably right yours could be heavier, my understanding from the dealer mine weight about 5100 pounds or little more, what yours weight?

Yea and from what I have been told we can't get the 350 outboard here in California due to emission issues. This is what I was told by the Merc

Dealer. I guess that would explaine why I don't think I have ever seen a 350 o/b here in Ca.

But all things equal the experts here have all said a 350 HP outboard will have a higher top speed than a 350 HP inboard.

EM your boat looks awesome. Does your boat have the ability to have the CW section of the boat hinge up? Example my center walk way section covers the motor and it hinges up.

And if so when it does this what happens to the tower. Does it hinge up with the CW section?

Yea and from what I have been told we can't get the 350 outboard here in California due to emission issues. This is what I was told by the Merc

Dealer. I guess that would explaine why I don't think I have ever seen a 350 o/b here in Ca.

But all things equal the experts here have all said a 350 HP outboard will have a higher top speed than a 350 HP inboard.

EM your boat looks awesome. Does your boat have the ability to have the CW section of the boat hinge up? Example my center walk way section covers the motor and it hinges up.

And if so when it does this what happens to the tower. Does it hinge up with the CW section?
Hi Geewest, the deck on my boat "or any O/B" is one piece, nothing hinge up and the engine is connected to the 32in center elliptical tube, I believe the I/O has a step up and that step hinge up to access the engine, but on the O/B it is one piece flat from bow to stern.

By the way Geewest, I envy you, I am now in my Lake House in Ohio on Sunday but inside looking at the lake and the boat from inside and can’t go on my new 2 days old boat because temp is 44 degree and raining, in California I guess you guys boat all year.. I really envy you... :D , Please enjoy the weather for both of us.. :D

What a BEAST. Great boat. Congrats

Todd

EM. We are still having great weather here in CA I don't think we could compare to Florida as far as boating weather but today is a beautifull day I'm just filling the cooler with beer and its hot. The water is cool 68 but its 80 and no clouds in the sky. They are letting water and lowering the lake getting ready for winter but their is still mabey a month of good boating in Ca. Let me see if I can post a photo of what today looks like.

image_zpsac6a3e23.jpg

I'm able to post pics from my phone now!!! 3G at the lake all of a sudden. Verizon must have added a cell tower or turned up the juice.

But all things equal the experts here have all said a 350 HP outboard will have a higher top speed than a 350 HP inboard

The center of gravity is forward on our I/O boats. At speed I only have 2-3 feet of toon out of the water. Your O/B levers your boat up with trim and has less wetted surfaces. If you trimmed it down to put most of the toons in the water you would be at our speeds. Yamaha web site has a performance review on the 350 on Cacando's benny. It has a pic of the boat at speed that shows the difference. Are you up at Indian Lake with your beautiful new boat?

But all things equal the experts here have all said a 350 HP outboard will have a higher top speed than a 350 HP inboard

The center of gravity is forward on our I/O boats. At speed I only have 2-3 feet of toon out of the water. Your O/B levers your boat up with trim and has less wetted surfaces. If you trimmed it down to put most of the toons in the water you would be at our speeds. Yamaha web site has a performance review on the 350 on Cacando's benny. It has a pic of the boat at speed that shows the difference. Are you up at Indian Lake with your beautiful new boat?
That make sense and explains the difference in speed; thank you for the info… the next question would be “is there any difference in fuel consumption between the 350 I\O and 350 O\B ?

As for where I keep the boat, I have a lake house at Buckeye Lake Ohio, it is about 55 minutes from where I live\work, my family and I (wife and 2 kids) love it and we go there almost every weekend.

EM. We are still having great weather here in CA I don't think we could compare to Florida as far as boating weather but today is a beautifull day I'm just filling the cooler with beer and its hot. The water is cool 68 but its 80 and no clouds in the sky. They are letting water and lowering the lake getting ready for winter but their is still mabey a month of good boating in Ca. Let me see if I can post a photo of what today looks like.
WOW Geewest, that is a very nice boat, I like your inside\outside color combination, also I love the clean look of I\O.... I am used to O\B so to me is like "ok.. Where is the engine?" :huh: :rolleyes:

The engine compartment in under the rear loungers. There is a switch that powers a lift arm to raise the lid which is the floor that holds the loungers and the walkway between. Our dog is sitting above the engine.

Just got ours and went a little over 40 gps with the top up and bow door open. We had full fuel and me 360 lbs between me and my son. We have the 300hp Volvo DP. it was about 60 degrees out. Have the 2575 QCW.

This weekend I got 49 MPH on the GPS, had 3/4 tank (my tank is 51 galon), 420 pounds between me and my friend, top up (I have tower so can't be closed), bow door closed (I never thought of opening the bow door, I have to try this trick and I will let you know), I have 2874 QCWT with Yamaha 350 hp O\B.

Back