2nd Bimini top

swglaeser

Reaction score
Does anybody have a 2nd Bimini Top on a 24 footer and if so how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking

I have a 24' bennington sli and the local dealership is charging me 2200 bucks and this includes the playpen cover work.

what color does anybody suggest.

Not sure on price, but color, if you already have one, I would say match it. What year is your Benny? I would think, the older it is, the more costly it may be as supply and demand dictates price. If I'm thinking correct, you have to have the cover modified and doesn't the 1st Bimini have to be modified to connect to second? Seems like a fair amount of upholstery work, plus labor, plus the Bimini, and it's a Benny, so me personally I don't think it's too far fetched. Remember, buy a BMW, pay for a BMW !! Lol !!!

I bought one from Bimini Buddy for my 2275 GCW for $550 and no shipping. It has quick connect clamps and goes up in 5 minutes. The frame is 1 inch alum square tubing and connects in such a way that it can be disassembled for easy storage. They use Sunbrella fabric which is excellent quality. I bought black which matches the one that came with my boat. It is about 10 inches too long to but into my existing bimini, but it lapped over OK. However I am going to have an upholstery shop cut it off this spring so it will fit properly. I am also having them to put a zipper on it so the 2 can be connected like the factory ones.

You can search on bimini buddy and go to their website and see the product. You can also call and the owner will answer any questions you have.

Good luck

Royo

Hi, I'm new here but this is my reason for joining. I have a 06 2275 GS. My wife wants a forward bimini top and Bennington wants a fortune for it. And wouldn't even say it would fit. However, I have decided to buy the front frame from Bennington ($375) and have a local shop make the cover so it is exactly what she wants. We wanted the frames to match as well as the cover.

ps love our Benny!

Lake Lanier GA

Follow the link in TomS's response above http://www.imbac-pro...y/bimini-buddy/ and look at the bimini buddy top and also click on the video and watch it. This may be the solution you need. The materials are excellent quality-1 1/4 alum tubing and sunbrella fabric and the fasteners are quick release with no holes to drill.

Royo

Yeah, I was going to get the bimini buddy for my boat this year. However, things didn't work out! I had contacted the owner about getting a cover to match Bennington's Mahogany, which is obviously the only "color" for my boat. He said that they had some brown in stock and that he would send a sample to match against existing cover. He had indicated that he could order the Mahogany if the color sample was off. The sample came in very soon afterwards. I was very impressed by it. It was squarely cut to fit exactly inside the envelope when folded in half, but did not match. I had offered to order the material and have it delivered to his shop. About a month ago, I contacted him to determine what the next step would be. He then came back and stated that the manufacturing team would not make the "Mahogany" colored bimini for me. I was extremely disappointed to say the least. He suggested that I buy a top from him, take the fabric portion apart and use it as a pattern for my own fabric. I can't see any sense in paying for 2 pieces of fabric just to throw one of them away. I have requested a frame & hardware only price, which I am still waiting for. I had so much hoped to get a forward bimini this season. The ones from Bennington are way too expensive for my pocketbook. Enough whining .......

BobnHenri,

What dealer did you use to get a quote for the front frame in GA?

My rear frame on my 02 2250RL got basically totaled in an accident (Bimini acrylic is fine).  I called my nearest Bennington dealer for a quote on the rear frame and it was $900.  I was speechless because I estimated the frame at $400-500.  

Does anyone know if you can shop quotes from different dealers?  Are the parts sold at cost/market supply or do the dealers put markup on them?  

jusrin, you can shop different dealers and the dealers are just that dealers, they mark up in order to make a profit and stay in business.  Some do mark up more than others

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the clarification Link.  I figured some markup was involved but I don't want to get gouged.  I'll get to shopping around.

Does anybody have a 2nd Bimini Top on a 24 footer and if so how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking I have a 24' bennington sli and the local dealership is charging me 2200 bucks and this includes the playpen cover work. what color does anybody suggest.
Look at my pics, mine was about 1900"

The ordered the frame and material from Bennibgton had their canvas shop to build it, add the zippers to both and made a cover.

Definitely worth the money

Back