3 new Converts to the Pontoon Side

Rick from Rocky Mount

Reaction score
Had about 14 old college friends down to the lake last weekend. 3 of the guys were owners of 28 ft open bows. The water was pretty rough on that Saturday and they had a very difficult time keeping up with my Benny. My passengers were relaxing on the loungers as their passengers were being bounced around their boat. The one friend that had just bought a new 2018 28 ft Regal (which is a beautiful boat BTW) from the same dealer that sold me our Benny was amazed at how well my boat handled the rough water and just cut through the waves as he tried to keep up with me. He told me he was having second thoughts on his recent purchase. The other friend who has a beautiful 28 ft Cobalt said his next boat will be a pontoon. My 3rd friend, who has been a boat owner on another lake for 25 years, spent this weekend looking at pontoons after our weekend together, and would love to find a Benny like mine.

I had always wanted a 28-29 ft open bow to be my next boat until we saw how many Tritoons were being bought on our lake. We were converted a few years ago when we took a test drive, and the salesman intentionally found the largest cruiser on the lake and drove us right over the wake behind the cruiser. After that, we never looked back and spent the next few years researching pontoons, primarily Benningtons.

I've sold a few myself. It's fun watching people's minds get blown in front of you once they experience it. My buddy sold his Monterey that only had about 20 hours on it for a Benny earlier this year. My other buddy on our old lake ordered one as well when I took their family out on ours. You just can't beat the comfort and performance of a modern tri-toon.

We're going to be taking our neighbors out soon for a ride and I already warned her they will fall in love with it!

Back