303 Day

Jack M

Reaction score
Went to the marina early today .

Put the mooring cover in the car and treated the carpet with the 303 .

Brought the cover home ,spread it across the propane tank ,ladder and our trash container .

Snaps, like I had thought about wouldn't work . Too high up and my wife didn't want to get covered with over spray . :lol:

Take the cover back in a few hours after it drys .

Nice!

Thanks ,Carl .

I just went out to check .Its dry already .

I used almost an entire gallon on the cover and almost 2 of the 32 oz bottles on the carpet .Should be good for the season .

Good job Jack! But I must say I've been treating my playpen cover w/303 since 2008 and it's faded big time! It spends from May to October in the hot sun of the marina and November to April in undercover storage and it's still faded. New cover is in our future............  

Thanks ,I still can't believe how many at our marina are just too lazy to use their cover .

I guess they would rather deal with the bird droppings on their furniture .

That pretty new  Red  cover will be a pretty Pink in two years than you'll get whistled at. HaHa

I could understand the color fade, The sun is just to brutal. But what I am hoping for is the 303 keeps the fabric and seams  from breaking down. I believe it will. Now for fade?? Local shop should be able to redye,

Just saying,

Regards

Here is the warranty statement from Bennington .5  years on fading .

http://www.benningtonmarine.com/images/warranty/BENNINGTON7YRWarrantyStatement2014Rev1.pdf

Five (5) year limited carpet and fabric warranty. Warranted from failure due to fading, peeling or cracking for a period of five (5) years 

warranty shall include replacement materials and or labor, based upon an inspection by a qualified Bennington representative. Excessive 

deterioration caused by overexposure to the sun as a result of improperly covering the boat may be excluded from this warranty. Damage 

caused by rips, tears, snags and unraveling or other abuse is not covered under this warranty. 

Five (5) year limited Bimini top fabric warranty. Warranted against excessive loss of color or strength under normal exposure 

conditions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Five (5) year limited Bimini top fabric warranty. Warranted against excessive loss of color or strength under normal exposure conditions.

Who determines Excessive loss or normal exposure? We all know what a great service organization Bennington is and how they stand behind their products but I would imagine [and agree] that if it fades some then that is normal and it will not and should not be covered

According to their statement 

" based upon an inspection by a qualified Bennington representative." 

Would that be a dealer ?

Five (5) year limited Bimini top fabric warranty. Warranted against excessive loss of color or strength under normal exposure conditions.

Who determines Excessive loss or normal exposure? We all know what a great service organization Bennington is and how they stand behind their products but I would imagine [and agree] that if it fades some then that is normal and it will not and should not be covered

I could understand the color fade, The sun is just to brutal. But what I am hoping for is the 303 keeps the fabric and seams  from breaking down. I believe it will. Now for fade?? Local shop should be able to redye,

Just saying,

Regards
I was wondering about redyeing . If treated with the 303 would the dye be able to penetrate it ?

Could always paint it with a roller

Back