350 HP on 23 G And R Series

Alicedream

Reaction score
For all you speed demons out there.  I noticed today on boat builder you can now get a 350 HP capacity tag for R and G series 23 models.  Just amazing how the HP continues to increase for all of these models.  I am very happy with the 300 on my 23 RCW but if this had been available then I probably would have done it. And no Pads is not coming back that won't happen. 47 to 50 MPH for me is plenty fast!

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you speed demons out there.  I noticed today on boat builder you can now get a 350 HP capacity tag for R and G series 23 models.  Just amazing how the HP continues to increase for all of these models.  I am very happy with the 300 on my 23 RCW but if this had been available then I probably would have done it. And no Pads is not coming back that won't happen. 47 to 50 MPH for me is plenty fast!

I'm waiting for Bennington to partner with Sevin Marine. Can you imagine a 28' with 10' beam touting twin 627's with joystick controls. All I can say is WOW! Get out of my way Donzi!

That's some serious HP right there.  I wish I could get in on some of that, but way out of my price league for sure.

That's some serious HP right there.  I wish I could get in on some of that, but way out of my price league for sure.

For the heck of it i priced my same boat with the 350 both Yamaha and Mercury to see how much more I would paid with the same amount off of MSRP. It would have been $4k more for the 350 V8 Yamaha and $1k more for the Mercury Verado 350. The Mercs are cheaper than the Yams. The $1k makes me shake my head.

I had a twin engine deck boat with twin 525's in the past.  Getting it insured was ridiculous and very expensive.  The maintenance was also quite expensive.  I'm perfectly content with my lonely 350 Yami outboard.

For the heck of it i priced my same boat with the 350 both Yamaha and Mercury to see how much more I would paid with the same amount off of MSRP. It would have been $4k more for the 350 V8 Yamaha and $1k more for the Mercury Verado 350. The Mercs are cheaper than the Yams. The $1k makes me shake my head.

No doubt.  I would have assumed a much more serious price hike.  I am surprised.  

Of course, for someone like me coming from the high end of an S series, the difference would be pretty significant I would imagine.  I'd double check on the boat builder, but I do not want to risk any PAD related thoughts entering into my head.   :lol:

Repeat after me: "I am happy with my boat.  I am happy with my boat.  I am..."

No doubt.  I would have assumed a much more serious price hike.  I am surprised.  

Of course, for someone like me coming from the high end of an S series, the difference would be pretty significant I would imagine.  I'd double check on the boat builder, but I do not want to risk any PAD related thoughts entering into my head.   :lol:

Repeat after me: "I am happy with my boat.  I am happy with my boat.  I am..."

I am very happy with my boat. You will love the 200 on the 24' Bennington.  It is a great set-up on the SPS. You will be thrilled with your boat. How do I know i had the 24' G with a 200 last summer and it's great.

My plan is to keep ours for another 10 years and sell it then for what I paid. By then Benningtons will come with a 20 yr warranty and I'll be able to get 2,500hp out back.

Wow! They've just recently changed that. We ordered on February 4th and the 350 wasn't an option on a 23ft or I would have been all over that.

Wow! They've just recently changed that. We ordered on February 4th and the 350 wasn't an option on a 23ft or I would have been all over that.

You and me both.  I did not want to go to the 25 which is a 27' boat. The 23 at 25' is plenty and works well in my 28' slip.

I'm waiting for Bennington to partner with Sevin Marine. Can you imagine a 28' with 10' beam touting twin 627's with joystick controls. All I can say is WOW! Get out of my way Donzi!

+1 on the Sevens Marine! When we play the "what would you buy if you won the Lottery" game. A Bennington with Twin Seven's 627's in in the conversation!

This forum is going to get me a divorce yet!! As my wife says what another 50hp..... now I can lean on her for...but it's another 100hp!!  I knew I stayed away from that boat builder for a reason!!

I upgraded to the the 350 , was browsing through the forum today I hadn't received my confirmation yet ,But, I immediately called the dealer ,and he wasn't even aware of it yet , was able to get the change made  Im getting a 350  :Like:

I am glad I could help :D . Congratulations!  Trust me I would have done it if  it had been available.

Back