40 inch 39 pound Bull Red vs 13 year old in the Bennington

CrazyCajun

Reaction score
Went to the Calcasieu river Jetties (Gulf of Nexico off louisiana coast) fishing in the Bennington this weekend. No one could believe I took out there waves were bout 5 ft but the Bennington did AWSOME heck I think it fished better than the rigged out center consoles out there. My 13 year hooked up to a big bull red and it took him about 15 minutes to get it in amd he was wore out. Our model the 2013 20slx is mainly used for pleasure but I have also been fishing quite a bit lately and I cannot believe how nice a pontoon boat is to fish out of. I made a 10 rod holder and have attached to ski tow bar and can remove it easily if I need to. Good thing is with kids if a couple of them need help you don't have to worry about having too much weight on one side. I am gonna try to figure out how to put pics. Up

That's almost as big as he is. congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a monster !!!!

Memories being made on a Benni .... Nothing better !!!

Great picture and the memories will last a life time!!

We love making memories, we caught five last weekend just that one this past weekend and this coming weekend hopefully some specks and flounder. (Although they been wanting to go tubing might just fish Morning tube afternoon and maybe even some night fishing too)

The only down side to catching fish that big is they wont fit in the bennington live well! I wish that our live well was bigger the cats fit in the one under the seat, but its a pain to get into. How about a picture of you rod holder.

Better pull the leech off that kid's leg. Hope it's not too late! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was wondering what that was on his leg..............Did you eat that fish or did you release it???????

LOL it had too look back. That was the weight on terminal tackle we were fishing off bottom with live croaker. I was thinking for a while did I miss seeing it and he took it off. We kept it if it wouldn't have been his first I would released it but don't think I would've won that argument. We caught five like that last weekend we realeased two (limit one person over 27"). I don't have a live well we use a 150 quart ice chest. I took rod holder off already to modify but all it is, is a 1x6 with some 1 1/2 pipe attached with stainless screws (saltwater) and I used a two inch Sewer coupling boot I split it and then cut a strip of it off and glued over screws with gorilla glue (bad stuff I love it along with grey tape southern thing) to keep from scratching stainless on ski tow bar. Keeps poles and net out way and also a holder for fishing, I cast it turn drag all the way down and then I fish with other pole for specks and flounder and when's see pole bend and string going its game on. That is some of the best eating. It's a little tuff being an old big fish but GREAT flavor, we filet leave scales on put it on grill and its all gone. Thanks for all the comments

Back