5 Month Florida Summer Storage

dijman

Reaction score
I will be storing my new 2023 21' Bennington (21SXSBSP with a Yamaha F150XB motor) on a lift for 5 months in Florida for the summer.
A couple of questions:
1.) I have only filled the engine with non-ethanol gas. I am assuming I only need to fill the tank and not add any additives, correct?
2.) The main cover will be on the boat. I am a bit concerned about the possibility of mildew due to the humid weather. I will remove all the seats I can and place them in my A/C home. Any other suggestions to prevent potential mildew (fan, seat fabric conditioners, etc.)

Thanks!

You can replace you cover vents with solar fans

For the minimal cost of putting a storage additive in your topped off fuel tank, I would recommend it. My boat only sees marina non-ethanol fuel, but still leave it topped off with a winter additive each off season (winterization up here in Michigan). Cheap peace of mind and security, with no draw back for doing it.

As for mold, that would be a serious concern. There are some Floridians in the forum, and others that migrate seasonally. Hopefully they can give you great insight.

Last edited:
Is the lift covered? Look into using something like this to get ahead of the mildew.

I’d never store anything without additive. You have no idea what is in their fuel (neither do they).

Back