5 months and counting.....

Adam2012

Reaction score
Sitting here next to the fireplace...just thinking only 5 months until my baby is back in the water....Living in New England my whole life one would think I would enjoy the winter.  Truth is every year I become less and less tolerant of the cold- ESPECIALLY considering this past summer was my first on our Bennington.  Happy Holidays to all of my fellow Benny owners who just wish spring would be here already!!!

chilaxin.jpg

Your boat would really look good if it was in Florida.  I can see you now--living down there. 

I too get tired of cold weather, even if I don't wear a coat more than 5 weeks a year.  It's 54 degrees at 8:00 p.m., but rainy and windy.  It feels colder than it is.

Despite being a avid snow skier, I've just about given up on being anywhere in the snow.  My problem is that in the winters, there's really no where I want to be.  On the others side, I don't want to give up my Summer boating to go on vacation anywhere else.

We're just living to get to April, the Spring weather and getting back on the water.

If it is too cold to boat, I want the lake to be froze so I can throw the skates on. Glad you had a safe and enjoyable summer on the new Benny!

It's going to be a long winter, went to the Garage the other day just to say hi to the boat and make sure she didn't need anything ;-)

Ha! I did the same thing..............actually I forgot to take the battery jump box out from underneath the helm and bring it home for the winter.............

I was out on the water Wednesday afternoon.  It was about the first day in a week without strong winds.  The leaves were absolutely beautiful.  Its since been cloudy/rainy.

Now, I've got to jump start the Waverunner.  To winterize them, you get the hose high, and start it for 15 seconds 2 or 3 times--to blow water out of the engine and muffler.

Adam I know what you mean having lived in Rhode Island for 58 years so living in florida now is year round boating.Hope your winter is mild and short.

Adam2012

Happy holidays and for a quick spring for you too.  Very nice choice of Bennington model and engine.  Even though I grew up and reside in Michigan and went to college in the forbidden freezing hell of the UP of Michigan, I am as well less and less tolerant of the Cold.

Too much fun to be had in the warm months of the year

Take care

Todd

We snowmobile every chance we get and truly love the winter months.

I just winterized the pontoon today. Put 2 gallons of new Rotella T6 in the Suzuki along with a change of new Mercury High Performance gearlube. Poured some Seafoam / Lucas in the tank and ran her on the hose for awhile. She's good for next spring.

I was out on the water Wednesday afternoon.  It was about the first day in a week without strong winds.  The leaves were absolutely beautiful.  Its since been cloudy/rainy.

Now, I've got to jump start the Waverunner.  To winterize them, you get the hose high, and start it for 15 seconds 2 or 3 times--to blow water out of the engine and muffler.
Had to laugh when I read that your leaves we're absolutely beautiful in Tennessee.............they are beautiful here too but they are on the ground!!! (Getting tired of them) Been riding the tractor around mulching up the leaves.............I stopped raking years ago. Come to think of it I still have one huge Bradford pear tree that hasn't dropped any leaves yet............. Ahhhh fall......

We have several Beech trees on our lot ,their leaves have turned but none have dropped .

I also just mulch up the leaves with my tractor .When we had our satellite dish put in a few years back I counted the trees on our lot ,I stopped at 130 ,and I had to take out 28 to get a signal on the dish .Most are Maple so they get put to use in February - April .Depending on the weather I collect the sap and make syrup .

That season hopefully will end early this year .

135 days and counting until April 1st 

http://daycalc.appspot.com/04/01/2014

Do you sell any of the syrup? Nothing like fresh maple syrup on hot waffles.

No we do not ,just a couple of guys standing around the cooker drinking beer ,watching it boil .

Long process and lots of beer . It takes roughly  50 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup .We usually start the cooker Thursday and bottle on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon .Lots of people  come out of the woodwork on Saturdays / Sunday .

How ever no one is around when clean up starts on Monday .Go figure .

Back