7000+ lbs trailer for triple-tube 25QCWAAIO with 350hp DTS engine ?

justinjoyal

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase a new 25QCWAAIO with 3 tubes and the 350HP DTS mercruiser engine. The boat alone weights around 5000 lbs, the engine roughly 1000 lbs, so we're around 6000 lbs empty. Need to add gas and gear, so I'm thinking the total weight would be around 6500-7000 lbs.

I'm having a REALLY hard time finding a trailer rated over 6800 lbs, and that would be too close for me to feel confident towing the boat around with no worries. The boat is taken out of the water after each use, so the trailer gets used quite a lot. I want something solid and reliable.

I also want something quite stylish that will match the luxury look of the boat.

Anyone can provide any insight on what trailer to use ?

Thank you!

Good site! There's your 8500# trailer with triple axles.

I'm looking to purchase a new 25QCWAAIO with 3 tubes and the 350HP DTS mercruiser engine.

Welcome Justinjoyal! Nice toon you have in your sights!! Of course, pictures with all the details when possible.

trailersforpontoons.com (Mid-America) did a great job for me. Highly recommended!

Thank you for the link to trailersforpontoons.com !

Their trailers seem well built, solid. That's what I'm looking for.

Now I need to find a way to bring it home. Their facility is 12 hours away (one-way) from where I'm at !

Did your dealer not offer a trailer?  You out west or east?   

Wow.  He probably don't want to pay the fee for a 12 hour haul.  Well, if you make it through Ohio let me know.

I just bought a trailer from trailersforpontoons.com

I drove 12 hours each way and would do it all over again if i needed another. 

If you provide them with the correct information will they adjust the trailer properly before you leave ?

If you provide them with the correct information will they adjust the trailer properly before you leave ?

Yes, they will. With 2 or 3 level pontoons like ours it's simple to just adjust the angle of the bunks. With a Manitou VP or SHP, where the center pontoon is dropped, it would require some extra care in fitting.

You could also check out 

http://www.boatmatetrailers.com/index.php

They do trailers for all the towboats, and now have pontoon boats as well. If you look under the pontoon link it shows additional options, and triple axle is one. 

I have an EZ Loader Custom Executive Trailer, but not sure if they have a triple axle option. It doesn't show on their website, but a call to their CUSTOM division could prove useful. I do love my trailer. Although those Boatmate ones have some slick looking rims! If you look on the Boatmate gallery, there are 2 pics of a triple axle Pontoon trailer.

I've been towing a Karavan Trailer for the last boat and this pontoon boat. I know they have triple axle versions and some heavy duty options. They are on the east coast and they also sled trailers so a dealer in your area may be able to get one for you without too much trouble. I've had good luck with both of mine and my trip to the lake is almost 700miles round trip.

congrats on the new boat! Pics a must!

I've been towing a Karavan Trailer for the last boat and this pontoon boat. I know they have triple axle versions and some heavy duty options. They are on the east coast and they also sled trailers so a dealer in your area may be able to get one for you without too much trouble. I've had good luck with both of mine and my trip to the lake is almost 700miles round trip.

Yeah we got a Karavan trailer for our Chaparral bowrider. We like it.

However on their website their three axle pontoon trailer does not show enough capacity, I already checked. :)

However on their website their three axle pontoon trailer does not show enough capacity, I already checked. :)

Wouldn't hurt calling the company direct and asking about a higher capacity. Most websites don't list all of their products and variations. A lot of companies will be happy to make custom changes if asked to do so.

I sent them an email. I should hear from them next week, according to the response I got from a lady there.

I'd probably just contact a few known manufacturers and check with them, the ratings probably are only and axle/tire issue. I would assume the actual frame work would be fine. The only thing I did screw up on mine is not doing torsion axles, I have them on every other trailer we own and never caught it on this one till it was too late. Just my .02!

Was just cruising the Karavan site again and they show a 3750# torsion axle option, I would assume 7500# of axles would be fine for what you're doing, worst case chuck a third at for 11,250#. Now that's a pontoon boat! ;)  

New boat arrived yesterday.  2017 21 SLXP  pictures to follow.  Issue with trailer began with a single axle LoadRite with a weight capacity of 2380 lbs.  Problem being that my boat weighs 2600 lbs add F150 450 lbs and were at approx 3100 lbs.  It pays to know your boat and the specs of your trailer.  Dealer finally came around to my understanding that you cannot operate a trailer over its specs and capacity.   I now have a tandem trailer with a 4100 lbs capacity and brakes.   

Back