90HP Etec or 130HP

klaus96

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a 2004 90 E-tec and was thinking of going to the max my 2275 LX will allow, that being 130. I have some reservation that going from a 90 to a 130 might not be worth the extra $$. Any input??

Last edited by a moderator:
There's notthing wrong with more horsepower. I get 39.8 mph with our 150 and that's with a 4-stroke Honda. I think the e-tech should get you close to that and the e-tech is lighter.

There's notthing wrong with more horsepower. I get 39.8 mph with our 150 and that's with a 4-stroke Honda. I think the e-tech should get you close to that and the e-tech is lighter.
Carl,

I don't think he'll reach quite that high, I could be wrong, but the performance specs on the page I posted are between 30-33 mph on other toons tested.

The only ones showing that high have twin motors.

You are right though, more horsepower is never a bad thing ....... :D

You are right though, more horsepower is never a bad thing ....... :D
Unless you fall off your boat and don't have the kill switch attached, then it's a bad thing. :D

I said "close". B) Honda rates there engines exactly and most others are under rated.

Unless you fall off your boat and don't have the kill switch attached, then it's a bad thing. :D
Are you referring to that family of 4 that was thrown from that motorboat (in I think England) and the father and son was hit and killed? The boat was still running in circles when rescuers got there and they had to drive up along side and jump in to it to bring it under control. They obviously didn't have the kill switch attached................

Uhhh, no, that would be somewhat morbid of me to put a smiley face after it. I was more meaning that it would be a heck of a tough swim to catch it. Didn't know about the runaway boat death.

Semper Fi is right. Sell the whole rig and put the money that would be spent on the larger motor with the sale money and buy a different one.

Back