A little history of Bennington

CC_PA

Reaction score
I saw this on the Bennington facebook page. I didn't realize the company investors were employees and that a private equity firm backed out. Maybe that is what makes them so great since some of the employees are investors. :) So glad they didn't fold during the recession. I'm not sure how to paste the video and not the link, maybe one of the mods can help out, but here is the link to the video.

http://roadshow.slate.com/how-do-you-sell-pontoon-boats-during-a-recession/

Good find! Jeez Semp, do you wake up every morning and go for the royal flush of posts? Haha, every morning I look and your picture is beside almost every topic!! Hahaha I guess it's because you're posting gems like this article. Well done, thanks for all the info! :)

When your owner wants out, surely it must have put pressure on Bennington's management. Coming up with the money to buy the company had to be terribly difficult.

And then to do what was needed to turn a profit and obtain financing for working capital had to be another issue in a diminishing economy.

But my hat's off to Bennington for executing their business plan and doing well in a difficult marine retail market. They just about ate the rest of the pontoon/tritoon competition to be #1 in sales in such a short period of time.

And now, there's no turning back.

Good find! Jeez Semp, do you wake up every morning and go for the royal flush of posts? Haha, every morning I look and your picture is beside almost every topic!! Hahaha I guess it's because you're posting gems like this article. Well done, thanks for all the info! :)
Lol !! Yeah I get to work around 4:45, do my reports, organize my day, then jump on the forum for a little while. Then I get home, eat, and surf the web in between checking for any new forum stuff.

Did I ever say how much I love the forum & Bennington ..... oh yeah, I did ... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad to have a Bennington. Great video and article.

Back