Accessory switch

sparkdr220

Reaction score
Took the boat out today and I couldn't get the accessory switch to work. I was able to lower the boat lift using the boat battery and start the boat. After cruising for about 10 minutes the accessory switch began to work. My question......Is it possible that I left the garmin on and when the battery discharges to a certain point the accessories automatically shut down?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you may just have a bad switch. Most electronic devices will shut down, or start doing funny things, when their supply voltage drops below 10V or so. But, if that where the case, i would think your battery would be to low to start the engine. If it happens again, try turning the switch on-off a few times, to see if that gets it to work. And then talk to your dealer about getting a new switch installed :)

I'm a trouble shooter. The first thing I did was give it a good wack. ;) Actually I did flip the switch several times and then pushed the breaker a bunch of times checked for loose wires and nothing. The fact that it started working after being under way made me think of a low voltage shut-off. Anyhow i will keep an eye on it and worse case swap it with the spare livewell until a replacement arives.

My nav light switch did the same thing. I turned it on and off a bunch of times and it seemed to work then. Mine felt like the switch detent was stuck.

My accessory switch controlling the live well is inop. I just bought this 2007 GS 2275 and have looked up underneath for connections or fuses but there seems to be two different sets of wires coming out of each accessory switch so don't really know what I'm looking at.

Are there 'in line' fuses or what on this? Plus this 'breaker switch' that some have mentioned, is that the 'reset' button right underneath the accessory switch?

I sure hate to try and drag it out of the water and tote to a boat dealer for a bad fuse or something.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks.

Hey Doug, yes, the button under each switch is a resettable breaker, just push to reset. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to get under the helm with a test light or volt meter [multimeter]. If i recall correctly, the red wires are for the power to the accy being turned on, and they jumper from one switch to the next. The white ones are for the light in the switch. Let us know what you find, or if you need more help.

OK so I have a pontoon I bought. And my issue is that it seems who ever added on some car charger outlets wired through the radio some how. anyways I'm not to good with electrical stuff. The switch works, the radio works, etc. But when I plug in my lights that are under my boat for water effects it's shuts off and I have to push the reset button. So I'm not sure what's going on BC it was working at first and now it's not. Any advice? 

OK so I have a pontoon I bought. And my issue is that it seems who ever added on some car charger outlets wired through the radio some how. anyways I'm not to good with electrical stuff. The switch works, the radio works, etc. But when I plug in my lights that are under my boat for water effects it's shuts off and I have to push the reset button. So I'm not sure what's going on BC it was working at first and now it's not. Any advice? 

First thing,Welcome to the forum Dave. Second, you have a short in the lights that your plugging into the boat most likely. The other possibility could be the amount of amperage draw required to light up the lights. You probably need to have the boat looked at by a good mechanic. Keep us updated. Good luck.

Back