Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Accon Fender Clips

Discussion in 'Owners Chat: Options and Upgrades' started by Castleman22, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Castleman22

Castleman22 Active Member

Wondering if anyone’s tried Accon fender clips. Recently attended a small boat show and saw them installed on both Harris and Barletta pontoons. I don’t know if they were a dealer installed or factory option. In any case I loved the look (Low profile stainless steel). The forum members seem to prefer quick cleat and EZ fender as far as permanent fender clips go. My new Q25 swing back is sitting at the dealer waiting for good weather and piers and lifts to be installed so doing things like ordering lines, bumpers, boat letters, and fender clips will have to satisfy me for now. These Accon Marine fender clips look like the “Hot Setup” to me. Hope someone who has tried them will comment.

2. dannyleininger

dannyleininger Well-Known Member

It appears that this system is screwed into the Rail. The concern I have is in different docking situations the fenders may need to be in different locations. So to remedy this I use a very simple and inexpensive system that so far has not failed me yet. They look like these:

86CD34AF-74FB-47AA-8145-BB4DFE52BD2D.png

swiftm likes this.
  3. Castleman22

Castleman22 Active Member

We are on a good sized lake which can get very choppy. Several friends tried the Taylor made gray plastic hangers , which are similar, and had problems with them breaking.

4. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

We have the Taylor made clips that are similar and have never had problems or have one break in 7 years. Easy to use and move if needed.

5. TwoTone

TwoTone Well-Known Member

Somewhere in Cabo... or Central Oregon...
    I ended up going with the EZ Fenders and mounted 3 on each side of the boat...

So far that’s worked well...

Bow & stern in properly sized slips, and bow & midship in shorter slips...

Castleman22 likes this.
  6. Bronco

Bronco Active Member

Castleman22 likes this.
  7. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Our new Bennington came with the Taylor Made hangers. I wasn't sure how they would work as we keep the boat in a slip. It's only been a couple weeks but they seem ok and have not moved, came loose, etc. I'll probably pick up a few spares but so far they seem fine.

ugleeual and Castleman22 like this.
  8. Shmily

Shmily Well-Known Member

I use clove hitches...

JohnL, PharmDGator and Michiman like this.