Accon Fender Clips

Castleman22

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone’s tried Accon fender clips. Recently attended a small boat show and saw them installed on both Harris and Barletta pontoons. I don’t know if they were a dealer installed or factory option. In any case I loved the look (Low profile stainless steel). The forum members seem to prefer quick cleat and EZ fender as far as permanent fender clips go. My new Q25 swing back is sitting at the dealer waiting for good weather and piers and lifts to be installed so doing things like ordering lines, bumpers, boat letters, and fender clips will have to satisfy me for now. These Accon Marine fender clips look like the “Hot Setup” to me. Hope someone who has tried them will comment.

It appears that this system is screwed into the Rail. The concern I have is in different docking situations the fenders may need to be in different locations. So to remedy this I use a very simple and inexpensive system that so far has not failed me yet. They look like these:

86CD34AF-74FB-47AA-8145-BB4DFE52BD2D.png

We are on a good sized lake which can get very choppy. Several friends tried the Taylor made gray plastic hangers , which are similar, and had problems with them breaking.

I ended up going with the EZ Fenders and mounted 3 on each side of the boat...

So far that’s worked well...

Bow & stern in properly sized slips, and bow & midship in shorter slips...

Our new Bennington came with the Taylor Made hangers. I wasn't sure how they would work as we keep the boat in a slip. It's only been a couple weeks but they seem ok and have not moved, came loose, etc. I'll probably pick up a few spares but so far they seem fine.

Back