Adapting Sunstream Boat Lift

Here is some discussion on this

I also researched a little more just now.  It looks like when Tritoons were first coming out they were ok with supporting from just the two toons.  It seems like now, a few years later they are suggesting the support on all toons, mostly because of the heavier motors and the fuel tanks being in the middle toons on most of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently went through this same thing.  I considered all options and even called Bennington, the conscious was to support the center toon due to the added weight of the engine and gas tank. I changed out the two bunks I had for my pontoon and added 3 v bunks for the tritoon.  It cost me $675.00 all inclusive.

So is anyone actually using a Sunstream lift (2 parallel guides supporting the frame between the tubes) without the pontoon bunks? I had convinced myself to try it first before I add the bunks but now I am second guessing my decision. I have a 22SX tritoon with SPS and a 150hp Mercury.

Thanks!!

F2C62E96-FD15-49CA-9125-6B9B030D0492.png

I just took delivery of a 2018 21 slx tritoon w/150 HP Yamaha. I too debated and agonized over lift design, until I got this document, attached, from Bennington. It states an under deck left is appropriate with the rear 2/3 supported.

The Bennington warranty administrator confirmed in writing that an under deck support is acceptable for my specific boat. And, this design is preferred in salt water to allow for complete cleaning of the toons after use. My dealer also confirmed the under deck application is acceptable. Hope this helps anyone going through same debate.

Thanks so much for sharing! So did you ultimately go with the under deck support? Any pics of your lift setup would be a huge help.

Yes, I did go ahead with an under deck support, based on Bennington’s recommendations. I’ll take some pics tomorrow...have yet to do that even though we’ve been out twice!

Sorry for the delayed response I have been meaning to take some pics of mine to share as well. I ended up adding 15’ 2x12’s to each side of my Sunstream lift similar to what it appears you did. Works great!

Back